Frankford- Jefferson Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

em2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows about Frankford Jeff EM EM/IM or IM program?

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody knows about Frankford Jeff EM EM/IM or IM program?

I was wondering about this program as well. When it comes to DO EM programs in the NE you always hear about Albert Einstein, St. Barnabas etc. Nobody ever talks about Frankford. Is this a quality residency? I was curious about their straight EM program. There are only 6 slots though. Any comments?

BMW-

Members don't see this ad :)
It is suppossed to be a solid program. Frankford Health System has three hospitals, two in northeast philly and one in bucks county(the county immediately north of philadelphia). I heard an attending from this ED give a lecture not long ago and was impressed. One of the philly hospitals is a Level II trauma center. I know they also have a joint EM/IM and EM/FP program. I believe they treat over 100,000 ED patients per year, but that is out of all three hospitals. I have not personally shadowed in the ED so cannont comment. I would think you undergo a balance training as 2 of the campuses are inner city and the bucks campus is a community hospital. I have been to LVH, Einstein, and Newark Beth Israel and was impressed with all three.

On that note, another good program in the area (in my subjective opinion) that alot of people don't alk about is Newark Beth Israel in NJ. It is a level II, and sees almost 90,000 ED visits per year out of the one site!!! It is also one of the few ACGME/AOA certified programs, I think they take 7 allopathic and 3 osteopathic slots per year there.

It is suppossed to be a solid program. Frankford Health System has three hospitals, two in northeast philly and one in bucks county(the county immediately north of philadelphia). I heard an attending from this ED give a lecture not long ago and was impressed. One of the philly hospitals is a Level II trauma center. I know they also have a joint EM/IM and EM/FP program. I believe they treat over 100,000 ED patients per year, but that is out of all three hospitals. I have not personally shadowed in the ED so cannont comment. I would think you undergo a balance training as 2 of the campuses are inner city and the bucks campus is a community hospital. I have been to LVH, Einstein, and Newark Beth Israel and was impressed with all three.

On that note, another good program in the area (in my subjective opinion) that alot of people don't alk about is Newark Beth Israel in NJ. It is a level II, and sees almost 90,000 ED visits per year out of the one site!!! It is also one of the few ACGME/AOA certified programs, I think they take 7 allopathic and 3 osteopathic slots per year there.

Thank You!!