• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

undrcovrgunner

10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I recently had an interview which was open file and was asked about my experiences as a caregiver. On my application I had written that I had been a caregiver for 15 months (which was correct), but when asked how long I acted as a caregiver for I said 'two years.' I'm worried that the interviewers will think that I lied about this experience because the time frame that I gave was so different to the time I actually was a caregiver. I think I was just nervous and I was considering the number of years I was involved (2000-2002) and not the number of months....anyone want to offer some reassurance?

TleilaxuMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
I recently had an interview which was open file and was asked about my experiences as a caregiver. On my application I had written that I had been a caregiver for 15 months (which was correct), but when asked how long I acted as a caregiver for I said 'two years.' I'm worried that the interviewers will think that I lied about this experience because the time frame that I gave was so different to the time I actually was a caregiver. I think I was just nervous and I was considering the number of years I was involved (2000-2002) and not the number of months....anyone want to offer some reassurance?
I want to give you reassurance.........But I DONT LIE!:cool:

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Nothing u can do about it now, don't worry.

Chances are they won't catch it.

At one of mine they asked me casualy when i got into town, and i answered last night without much thought. Then later on in the interview was asked where else i interviewed and mentioned that i interviewed at a school in the same city yesterday, oops...

About the Ads

Waiting4Drexel

10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i dont think its a big deal. if the interviewer was really trying to catch you on your dates, i think they would have mentioned something. they were probably just making small talk while looking at other things in your file. i know its easy to obsess over these kinds of things, but try not to!

colliea21

10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
you SHOULD be very concerned. Probably the interviewer asked you this to see if you were honest. Didn't you see when he/she mysteriously 'ended' the interwiew because the 'time was up'? You are soo not gonna get in!...

...Oh please!, they probably didn't notice it, sleep better, kay?

WCGee

Super Awesome Person
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
You're fine, don't worry. If it's open file, they know you wouldn't be stupid and lie on purpose. Also, there's no point worrying about it now, so try to relax! :)

Stolenspatulas

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I want to give you reassurance.........But I DONT LIE!:cool:

you're a dick.

OP: its fine, unless the interviewer was taking notes as he was interviewing, I wouldn't be worried about him remember a detail such as a date range. Even if he does remember I bet a detail like that would not make or break his recommendation for you.

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i am sure that is the least of your concerns...it will likely not be recalled and even if it is its not like you said 5 years...i mean you were close...

undrcovrgunner

10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Thanks for putting me at ease, everyone.

I worry about little things like this way too much, and there's not much I can do at this point anyway. Gonna start being less obsessive about things like this...

Thanks again...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.