Jul 27, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello! I plan on taking the AAMC VITA very soon and am very nervous. I am wondering if anyone has any last minute advice or tips! Not sure what to expect for the questions and haven't had a formal interview yet so I am very anxious

TehTeddy

SDN Bronze Donor
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Definitely do a practice VITA beforehand to get the 3-minute timing down. Also, it helps to have a list of your experiences nearby to refer to during your 1 minute of thinking time. Nothing super in-depth, just like "EMT," "Research with Dr. X," etc. It helps jog your memory under pressure, so you can spend more time formulating talking points and less time scrambling.

Reactions: 1 users
Aug 6, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
only one of my 6 questions had anything to do with medicine...the rest were general questions related to situations and collaboration, sort of like CASPer (but more broad)

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
Aug 6, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Do the practice then get it over with, like ripping off a bandaid. You'll have some past experience questions (some of mine were really out there/unexpected), some hypotheticals, and a why medicine question.

D

deleted1073160

Do the practice then get it over with, like ripping off a bandaid. You'll have some past experience questions (some of mine were really out there/unexpected), some hypotheticals, and a why medicine question.

Do you have any advice on how to best prepare for the VITA? I am taking it tomorrow and I am feeling slightly uneasy about the whole thing. Any tips on best types of questions to practice?
Thanks so much! :)

Jun 24, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Do you have any advice on how to best prepare for the VITA? I am taking it tomorrow and I am feeling slightly uneasy about the whole thing. Any tips on best types of questions to practice?
Thanks so much! :)
The AAMC practice is good enough.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.