Freaking out about my personal statement typo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xbocker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1 week after submitting my app I decided to review my personal statement as I wasn't getting much interviews. I noticed the last paragraph there was a grammar error, I accidentally put two periods. Ex:) "passion for medicine. . I am interested"

I think when I submitted the personal statement I had removed the sentence in between but forgot to remove the period. My question is should I fix my personal statement and reupload it or leave it alone and avoid PD pondering why I revised my personal statement?

Members don't see this ad.

1 week after submitting my app I decided to review my personal statement as I wasn't getting much interviews. I noticed the last paragraph there was a grammar error, I accidentally put two periods. Ex:) "passion for medicine. . I am interested"

I think when I submitted the personal statement I had removed the sentence in between but forgot to remove the period. My question is should I fix my personal statement and reupload it or leave it alone and avoid PD pondering why I revised my personal statement?

Do what you want to do--whatever course of action that will allow you to relax and put this out of your mind. I guarantee, zero programs are going to forego offering an interview to a good candidate because of an extra period left over from a deleted sentence. PDs who have not already seen and/or printed out your Personal Statement will not know it was revised.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.