freaking out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juniper456

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else freaking out? i took my second TPR diag and got a 21. i know i have lots of time to study, and i've been putting in about 2 hours per day, but i still have a sinking feeling about all this.

hoping to not develop an ulcer before 4/16

:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

juniper456 said:
anyone else freaking out? i took my second TPR diag and got a 21. i know i have lots of time to study, and i've been putting in about 2 hours per day, but i still have a sinking feeling about all this.

I know that this is easier said than done, but try to focus on understanding what you've done wrong and on the thought process necessary to do better on the test, rather than worrying about your scores on these practice tests. Remember, no one is ever going to see your practice test scores and they will have no effect on your medical school application. So treat them as the learning experience they are: read explanations to questions, try to understand the reasoning process to come up with right answers and eliminate wrong ones, and keep taking practice tests. Good luck in April. :luck:

juniper456 said:

there's no need to worry. just wait until you start taking the AAMC tests. they're much more realistic than TPR stuff.

btw, i got a 23 on the second TPR diag last year. got a 35 on the actual test. just keep working. ;)

sd

21 on the second exam? paaLEEASE. I was definately a slacker, yes, but I did kick my ass to get into med school. I got a 10 on my first TPR diag, 18 on my second. From that point on, I was scared shizless, and I really studied, FOR REAL. No bullshiz "im going to study real hard this time" and end up bitching about how hard it is getting into med school for an hour and a half and really studying for only half an hour. Buckle down, get extra passages either from your testing company or from other resources (TPR has at least a good 10 extra, albeit older, diag tests that you can use as passage banks). Don't lie to yourself, and truely study. May try different study habits/locations/techniques. Oh, by the way, I got a pretty dang good real mcat score too. So don't worry to much if you're really gonna buckle down. Good luck.

sscooterguy

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks everybody. i've recovered from my little freak-out (mostly) and am studying hard. this test sucks.

I will be taking my second Kaplan diagnostic tomorrow, and I fully expect to be freaking out with you. Let's definitely look at it as a learning experience. A little fear works well for my motivation :scared:

juniper456 said:

No joke, I went on prilosec right after the MCAT.

I'm pretty happy with my score, though.

overall i went up 4 points, but DOWN 2 points in verbal.

has anybody experience a drop in verbal??? i'm like wtf???
i'm guessing this is a more accurate reflection, given the fact that the first kaplan diagnostic was only half-length.

any suggestions? i will admit that i have been putting forth my efforts in learning the science, but i will now commence doing timed passages several times a week.

chicagomel said:
overall i went up 4 points, but DOWN 2 points in verbal.

has anybody experience a drop in verbal??? i'm like wtf???
i'm guessing this is a more accurate reflection, given the fact that the first kaplan diagnostic was only half-length.

Don't worry. I haven't taken any of the full length exams yet, but I have taken a couple of the EK 30 minute exams for verbal. On the first one I scored a 12, but on the second one I dropped to a 6 :D