Freaking Out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rgk27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I started doing well on AAMC practice tests, but have seemed to fall flat on my face the last several taking. I'm starting to freak out and get really aggravated cause I can't seem to get what I am doing wrong when I am taking these tests. I know the information but can't seem to apply it when I am taking the test and make a **** ton of stupid mistakes. What should I do? I'm beyond frustrated at this point

Members don't see this ad.

You might just be burned out at this point. Take a break day, clear your head, and tackle those tests again. It happened to me when I tried to take 3 AAMC FL's three last days before my real MCAT, and made a 26 on the last one, way lower than my average.

I like to review a thing heavily until I reach the point where, at the mere mention of the topic, I can spit out all relevant information such as the equations and their meaning/implications, the physical reason for relationships, important reactions, etc.

It sounds like you may know the information, but you are not able to access it in a meaningful way without cues.

I like to review a thing heavily until I reach the point where, at the mere mention of the topic, I can spit out all relevant information such as the equations and their meaning/implications, the physical reason for relationships, important reactions, etc.

It sounds like you may know the information, but you are not able to access it in a meaningful way without cues.

Application towards certain questions is def. an issue. I just seem to blank out at certain things and when I review it I say to myself what was I thinking and make incredibly stupid mistakes that way down my score a lot. Its been this way with the past several practice FLs. I'm all over the place and I don't know how to correct it