AmpedUp

The Legend Still Lives
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2009
Status
Dentist
All right, up until about now...I haven't really cracked any higher score than 22 on any single section. I've been in the 18-19 neighborhood for the most part though. However, I took the sample test yesterday and nailed every section with my lowest being 20 in GC (highest was PAT at 25). So how accurate is this "free" sample test that the ADA has on their website? I know this has been beaten to death, but...question types on tests change almost every season, so i'd like to renew the discussion. Also, if you may add, how different is the sample test with regards to the real DAT in terms of difficulty by section (QR, BIO, RC, GC, OC, PAT)?

Thanks to all who respond to this thread in advance.

TexasOMFS

5+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2009
Status
Dental Student
The real DAT: QR, GC, OC, BIO > ADA Sample: QR, GC, OC, BIO
Didn't do any of the other sections.
Questions from the ADA sample are way too simplistic...you can just blow through many of them without a lot of thinking.

AmpedUp

The Legend Still Lives
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2009
Status
Dentist
So what I infer from your post is that the RC and PAT of the sample DAT are somewhat comparable in difficulty to the real DAT. True?

flybry2000

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Yeah, Ive done really well on the sample test as well...kind of discouraging though when I go through CDM...BUMP

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
there is really no relationship between the scores you get at home vs the score you will get on the real deal.

Many people around here take practice tests at home and bairly score AA of 18-19, but come test day, and they get 21-23s. And some folks score in the 21-23 range at home but come test day they bairly touch 20. There is no real relationship between the 2.

Take me for example, I only did 1 practice test, only one, and I did sooo poorly in it that it made me never take another practice test (I think I had a 17 or 18). It was really demoralizing.

Point I am trying to make is, if your scoring well now on your practice test, thats great, it means your prepared, its a good indicator that you can take the test now.

Good luck on ur dat

TexasOMFS

5+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2009
Status
Dental Student
So what I infer from your post is that the RC and PAT of the sample DAT are somewhat comparable in difficulty to the real DAT. True?
I did not take the RC and PAT on the ADA sample so I can't tell you for sure, sorry :(