SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Free DRUGS! I mean, Free Drug Cards!

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by All4MyDaughter, May 14, 2007.

1. All4MyDaughter

All4MyDaughter SDN Mommystrator Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

May 7, 2005
    Ivory Tower
    GO Visit test prep week instead !!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=226

You can look at the links in my signature or click here for the table of contents of who's representing what tests!

I wanted to let you know that we have the following companies who will be available next week as well as there will be free stuff raffled off to those who participate as well as there are discounts:

Audio Learn PCAT

Kaplan Medical PCAT, NAPLEX

Kaplan Test Prep GRE

Lippincott publishing Student resources (including pharmacy)

McGraw-Hill Medical Student resources (including pharmacy)

Nova Press GRE, Science Prep

Orgoman.com - Dr. Romano - Organic Chemistry, and Physics

Scholarware PCAT

SFIMedical Publishing
    (Drug cards)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. All4MyDaughter

All4MyDaughter SDN Mommystrator Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

May 7, 2005
    Ivory Tower
    I'm bumping this thread to remind you that Test Prep week is next week. It should be pretty informative. Many of the exhibitors are offering prizes or discounts to students.

I personally have the Drug Cards and OTC cards offered by SFI Medical. I like them and may purchase one of the other sets because they are offering a special 20% SDN discount.

4. mshheaddoc

mshheaddoc Howdy Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Wild west of Mistytown
    bumpity bump!

5. All4MyDaughter

May 7, 2005
    Ivory Tower
    Keep on bumping! :banana:

6. gaba101

gaba101 Doctor 2+ Year Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Pittsburg
    did you get the 21st edition w/ 22nd edition updates for $39.95 or the 22nd edition for $49.95? what do you get w/ your order? 300 cards w/ a binder?

7. All4MyDaughter

May 7, 2005
    Ivory Tower

I bought in the Fall and I think it's the 21st edition with updates.
    If I were buying now I'd get the newest edition and take advantage of the 20% discount for sure. I may buy the herbal cards this time around.

8. gaba101

Dec 19, 2006
    Pittsburg
    I don't think there's that much of a difference is there? lol...$10 difference even w/ the discount ;P

9. KellyBean

KellyBean 2+ Year Member

Jan 14, 2007
    In the middle of nowhere
    I won't start pharmacy school until this fall. I don't even know what I'm supposed to buy. Help?

Why is the 21st edition ships with 22nd edition update set is CHEAPER than the 22nd edition alone?

10. gaba101

Dec 19, 2006
    Pittsburg
    after doing some research, found out that barnes and noble is selling the 22nd for 32% off the face value price at http://www.SFIrx.com ($33 w/ free shipping)...AND, if you're a B&N member, it's just $30 w/ shipping!

sorry SFIrx! :)

11. KellyBean

KellyBean 2+ Year Member

Jan 14, 2007
    In the middle of nowhere
    I searched for it on bn.com and couldn't find it. I even typed in the ISBN.

12. All4MyDaughter

May 7, 2005
    Ivory Tower
    Convenience.

The update contains some totally new cards, but also a list of changes that need to be made to the existing cards. Like if there is a new strength of a particular medication it will be listed on the update list so you can manually change your cards.

The latest edition would have all new, updated cards I would think.

These are the types of questions you can ask in the threads in the Test Prep Forum.

Everyone who asks a good question will be entered into the drawings for free products.

13. gaba101

Dec 19, 2006
    Pittsburg
    I find that hard to believe...WHAT did you search for? WHAT ISBN did you type in?

14. KellyBean

KellyBean 2+ Year Member

Jan 14, 2007
    In the middle of nowhere
    1-880579-49-9 (this ISBN is from the SFIrx.com page)

I searched everywhere on the site. I typed in prescription drug cards, drugs, drug cards, etc..etc...and that did not come up.

----------------

So I typed in "Pharmacy Drug Card" and I found it. Is Jeffrey D. Sigler the author? There is no cover, so I can't tell if it's the same one. Besides, the ISBN is different. 1880579510

15. gaba101

Dec 19, 2006
    Pittsburg
    Good job! The reason why the ISBN is different than the one listed on the SFIRx website is because the people at the SFIRx website did not finish updating their info (the ISBN that is on their website ending in 49-9 is the older edition, based upon google searches). According to BN, the ISBN ending in 510 is the 22nd edition. Not sure why there's no photo but hey it says 22nd edition on the bottom.

16. KellyBean

KellyBean 2+ Year Member

Jan 14, 2007
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yeah...I ordered it already. Even though I know I won't even be using it to study right away. It's like a Christmas present. I just want it right away..lol..no patience.

17. All4MyDaughter

May 7, 2005
    Ivory Tower

I've enjoyed mine. I also like my DIH and Facts and Comparisons.

18. JayneCobb

JayneCobb big damn hero.... Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Oct 17, 2006
    It has officially started. Please stop in and check out the participating companies and see about the discounts and raffles

19. All4MyDaughter

May 7, 2005
    Ivory Tower
  20. All4MyDaughter

May 7, 2005
    Ivory Tower
    SFI Medical will be giving away one free copy of each of the products they are exhibiting for Test Prep Week. This includes their Top 200 Drug cards, OTC cards, etc.

Some of these raffles have no one entered! Seriously!

To enter, just visit the SFI Medical subforum in the Test Prep Week forum. Go to the thread containing the product you are interested in and make a post. Your post can be a question, a comment or just a "thanks" to the company for participating in Test Prep Week. Everyone who posts within these guidelines will be entered in the raffle.

Good luck!

21. sna

sna Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Too bad nothing from Lexicomp

22. All4MyDaughter

May 7, 2005
    Ivory Tower
    Good suggestion for next time. Thank you!

23. mshheaddoc

mshheaddoc Howdy Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Wild west of Mistytown
    I tried to contact with no response :(

24. gaba101

Dec 19, 2006
    Pittsburg
    In their shipment, they included the 22nd edition updated cards--some were replacements and some were new cards to add to the 300 cards from the 21st edition.

Only...

They forgot to make their binders a bit bigger! now the binder barely closes and I'm scared to close it for fear that the rings will press down cards too hard and leave a disgusting imprint.

i can't just ditch their binder and buy a new one b/c as soon as i pass my boards, i plan to sell these cards to some poor sucker to get 95% of my money back. Anybody else came across the same problem as me?

It only makes sense to send their customer larger binders since w/ each new edition, they add more cards (not just replacements of old ones)

25. DrugDealer

DrugDealer Senior Member 5+ Year Member

I ordered the 22nd edition, and mine fit in the binder.

26. gaba101

Dec 19, 2006
    Pittsburg
    i wonder if they took out any cards of drugs btw real 22nd set and the pseudo-22nd set (21st set + some 22nd updates). mine fit but very tightly (I'm afraid if I leave them in that positiont oo long, the rings will press too hard on them and leave an imprint on the cards)

27. DrugDealer

DrugDealer Senior Member 5+ Year Member

That's strange. I also ordered a set of OTC cards, and those came in a smaller binder than the Rx cards. I wonder if they gave you the wrong binder.

My OTC binder doesn't have anything preprinted on the spine--it just has a piece of paper stuck in the spine sleeve that says they are the OTC cards. My Rx binder is preprinted on the spine. Maybe this can help you figure out if they sent the wrong one?

28. gaba101

Dec 19, 2006
    Pittsburg
    Nope, mine has printing on the spine, and I did remember to take out the old cards so there are no duplicates in my set. :( If I have to flip the top card, I have to flip a bunch at a time to avoid "bending" the 1st card :(

29. vida

vida 2+ Year Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Has anybody tried SFI cards? Looks good with all the drug information. How are the card organized, with drug class or with disease state or like top200 in random order?

30. MR. C

MR. C 2+ Year Member

Dec 2, 2006
    I got my SFI cards in last week.. they are the top 200+100 others, arranged alphabetically.

It comes with a pocket guide that is pretty handy too. It list them a number of ways; class, rank, generic name, and trade name. It also has some other good info.

31. KellyBean

KellyBean 2+ Year Member

Jan 14, 2007
    In the middle of nowhere
    I won something, but wasn't here to claim it...NOOOOOOO