Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

free e-mcat: how accurate?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by zanzounita, Mar 27, 2007.

1. zanzounita

zanzounita Int'l Woman of Mystery 5+ Year Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Tx
    I took it and found it was pretty easy and was using it to gauge my progress..

Is it just me or was it too easy?:rolleyes:

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. IckeyShuffle

IckeyShuffle MS1 t-minus 1.5 months.. 2+ Year Member

Jul 20, 2006
    it is somewhat accurate, though i remember my real deal being a little harder than the practice ones, but that being said, it would be harder for everyone so it is all relative. if you did well great, but dont get cocky, there is ALWAYS room for improvement (unless you got a 40+ on the practice)

4. GreenShirt

GreenShirt 10+ Year Member

Feb 6, 2007
    The free Kaplan is pretty easy in comparison to other Full-lengths and the real deal. Oddly enough, though, the section scores were closer to my scores on the real things than the full-lengths indicated, except for the PS, which I spent the most time studying for.

5. CTtarheel

CTtarheel Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 23, 2006
    use the free AAMC practice MCAT (3R). It's a MUCH better indicator as it's made by the people who actually write the test, not just some idiot over at Kaplan.