Free MCAT prep tests..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

t2oo5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any sites that offer free or cheap (<$20.00) practice MCATs with scoring besides the princeton review and kaplan? Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

www.mcat-prep.com (you have to register first)

--> if you guys know of more free test sites, please post here and make this a resource for future mcat-ers. thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
www.mcat-prep.com (you have to register first)--> if you guys know of more free test sites, please post here and make this a resource for future mcat-ers. thanks!
You can find many practice materials, such as full length tests, "floating" around on the Web using various P2P software (bittorrent, eMule, LimeWire etc.).

try your local library - they might have various MCAT tests that you might be able to check out.

I have tried them, so far only place where I could find quality material at a very good price.

Well these are great suggestions but I think most of us would like CBT material which right now there isn't alot of information out there ...Has anyone used test easy? Is it even worth it?
Doesn't matter whether you practice on paper or on a computer. What matters is that you're able to read critically and answer questions quickly.

Below is what can be done on the computer when taking the CBT compared to the paper format.

You can highlight and annotate the supporting passage of a question group. In addition, you can strike-out options as you narrow down your response to a question.

1) Highlighting *: Left-click and drag the cursor over any text in a passage, question or answer choice in order to highlight it. Click on it a second time in order to remove the highlighting. Note that figures and table entries cannot be highlighted.

2) Notes *: Right-click anywhere in the text of a passage or question stem in order to add a text note. A new box appears which allows you to type your notes. Once this is complete, you click “OK” (do not press Enter). The typed text (now in blue) will appear between square brackets at the insertion point. The note can be removed by left-clicking over the entry and then choosing “OK” when the confirmation box pops up. Adding notes to answer choices is unpredictable and is not recommended.

3) Strikeouts **: Right-click over the text of any answer choice to strike it out. If the answer choice is a graphic, then right-clicking over it will do nothing (just like on the e-mcat). Also, strikeouts are only evident while you remain on that question. If you strike out one or more choices and go forward and then back (or back and then forward), the choices you crossed out will no longer be crossed out (also just like on the e-mcat). If you wish to retain some sort of record of what you struck out (e.g., if you wish to review the question later) you must insert a note into the question stem or use your scratch-whiteboard to record what you eliminated.

4) Search **: Highlight the first word of the passage and use the keyboard command ”Ctrl-F”. This will bring up the browser’s Search function. You can type the word(s) you are looking for into the window that pops up. NOTE: It is important to highlight the first word because the system begins searching from that point forward. If your cursor is accidentally positioned later in the passage, you might miss some instances of your search term.

5) Writing Sample: simple cutting and pasting (via highlighting and dragging) are available in this section. There is no spell-check

Too many people are making a big deal out of the CBT format, when it's not:laugh:

Doesn't matter whether you practice on paper or on a computer. What matters is that you're able to read critically and answer questions quickly.

^I have to agree with this one. I was a bit apprehensive about taking the CBT at first, but it wasn't really a big deal. I just took 3R for practice.

you guys are wrong. it DOES matter that it is on computer. There are several things that are different from the paper version. Thus you have to practice on the computer so you can adjust to the CBT. If you practice on paper yes i agree its all the same material but it gets you accustomed to something totally different that you wont be seeing on test day. You are not going to be able circle one word and bracket another. you arent going to be able to annotate figures and questions. there are many other subtle difference that you may think are trivial but will make a very big difference on test day. each test wheather it is paper or cbt has its own pros or cons.

Ok fine, give me a paper exam that has the same exact format and same number of questions so I can prepare for "test conditions". I understand what you are saying. I don't care about the fact that it will be on the computer. I've taken of plenty of standardized tests on the computer format. What I am concern about is test time and making sure that I feel comfortable completely the exam in the alotted time. I have a ton of kaplan's paper tests and all the AAMC tests on paper, but doing on them on computer would make ME feel better.
I made several of my own last year, from the old AAMC, Kaplan etc. format that are on PDFs, after I found out that the MCAT was only going to be only CBT by the time I would be taking it in 2007. I was able to figure it out and have no intention of sharing with anyone except my close friends which obviously you are not
lol4ep7.gif

you guys are wrong. it DOES matter that it is on computer. There are several things that are different from the paper version. Thus you have to practice on the computer so you can adjust to the CBT. If you practice on paper yes i agree its all the same material but it gets you accustomed to something totally different that you wont be seeing on test day. You are not going to be able circle one word and bracket another. you arent going to be able to annotate figures and questions. there are many other subtle difference that you may think are trivial but will make a very big difference on test day. each test wheather it is paper or cbt has its own pros or cons.
Yeah dood, right/left clicking and dragging the cursor etc is so much more different than highlighting/writing on paper.....Is the glass half-empty or half-full
iconrolleyescr1.gif

Tactile manipulations is the least of an MCAT taker's worries. If someone taking the upcoming MCAT doesn't already know how to use a computer then they shouldn't be taking the MCAT at all.

If you didn't pick up the sarcasm, a person like yourself to mock me ... :confused:

I appreciate your generosity in contributing something positive to the thread though. :rolleyes:
Maybe you need to fix your detector for differentiating between facts and opinions. It obviously needs adjustment considering you didn't pick up on the half-empty/full analogy :laugh: It's OK, all's fair since you expect complete strangers to pick up on your, as you say, "sarcasm". But a person such as yourself wouldn't understand that sarcasm rarely translates on Internet messageboards such as SDN unless it's done skillfully...time for you to work on your MCAT writing skillz :laugh: Maybe when you've sufficiently improved your "sarcasm" writing skills, I may consider sharing those MCAT exams in the new format :laugh:

So tell me Mr. "I can write sarcasm over the Internet", which MCAT prep course is the "best" :laugh: