Free Medical Equipment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dhageremtp

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a drug company that offers online conferences and give out free gifts at the end? I know of one, got a thermometer from them, wondering about any others. I could use some good free stuff.

Here is one site: Glaxo-Smith-Kline is sponsoring a free online conference that you can take anytime, medical healthcare providers only. Just fill out some quick info and watch a 20 min movie on COPD and Advair products and you will get choice of one of many nice freebies at the end, to include a Littman's stethescope, a digital weighing scale, 3-way digital thermometer, ePocrates (Rx pro) for the PDA, books, etc (total about 10 or 12 choices).... most $30-60 value, I think.

http://www.pstrat.biz/flv/

Members don't see this ad.

dhageremtp said:

I just watched it and I ordered the stethascope... lets see if it actually works. Also, the questions at the end have nothing to do with the information presented in the movie so don't feel like you have to sit and pay attention. Just let it run, answer the questions at the end, and order your free medical equipment! :) I'll let you know when/if I receive the stethascope! Ok, time to get busy with real medical school work.

Don't you have to be a physician to do that? and not just a med school student?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I'm gonna try it out and see what's up as well.

I'm a second year, they didn't ask anything about license/training/anything...

They only ask for a license number for certain devices. Others--the bp cuffs and stethoscopes--do not require a license. By the way, the stuff is not that high quality. The Littman is a Litt Select--a decent but pretty cheap stethoscope by any standards. My school does not even allow the MS1's to use it.