Free mock MCAT from princeton review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peppercat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Okay this saturday I'm signed up to take this free mock MCAT from the princeton review. Heres the thing. I haven't done ANY mcat preparation. I'm thinking I'll take it in august and use this as kind of a diagnosis of my weak areas. But am I only going to discourage myself my taking this without studying and like getting a score of like 3. I'd like to hear people opinions and experiences they had while doing this.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

remember that one of their goals in giving you the diagnostic is to get you to sign up for the class. My experience with TPR has been that the diagnostics can be harder than the real thing. On our 1st diagnostic a lot of people in my class got between 3 and 5 on the sections. If you haven't studied and it has been awhile since you had the classes you may not do so well. So I would take it and see how you do and if the score you get is really low take it with a grain of salt. I think taking a real old MCAT from AAMC is probably a better indicator of how you are doing.

I haven't taken one from TPR, but I have taken two of Kaplan's free mock MCATs that were offered at my school, and I've heard that they are structured similarly (harder so you'll do bad and take the class), which makes sense. The first one I took, in Nov, I hadn't studied for at all either, and pretty much did it just for assessment purposes, expecting to do poorly (<20). However, I did better than I thought I would (27), so I'm glad I took it because it was a real confidence booster. Even if you don't do well, at Kaplan and I'm sure at TPR also they give you a thorough readout of the test showing how you did in the different sections, what types of questions you missed, etc., which is helpful in planning your studies. I thought o-chem would be my weakest area since I had the most difficulty with that class, but gen chem was actually where I performed the worst, probably because it's been a while since I took it. The last mock MCAT I took this past Sat, so I won't know until tomorrow how I did. I would recommend taking another full-length practice test on your own also before you get down to studying, both to confirm whatever the TPR test tells you and to further clarify for you what you most need to work on. Good luck!