• It's our birthday!

Thank you to all our members and donors for supporting us for since 1999.

Free practice usmle questions from nbme website?

docmd2010

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2005
    Hey I just downloaded that program that orients you to the FRED software and did those 3 50 question blocks. I was wondering how these correlate with the real thing. Is that supposed to be easier/harder/on par to the real thing? Also what percentage right would you estimate would be a good score? (~230ish).

Thanks!!!

riverie

10+ Year Member
    Sep 14, 2004
    Houston, TX
    1. Attending Physician
      Hey I just downloaded that program that orients you to the FRED software and did those 3 50 question blocks. I was wondering how these correlate with the real thing. Is that supposed to be easier/harder/on par to the real thing? Also what percentage right would you estimate would be a good score? (~230ish).

Thanks!!!

i did the questions on the free 150 software as well, and i just took the exam on saturday. i have to say that these questions represented the easier questions on the real thing, comprising about 25-30 questions in each block. the other 20-25 more challenging questions were not represented.

osli

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Oct 14, 2005
      1. Medical Student
        I just noticed that the medfriends estimator gives vastly different results than Kaplan's own score estimator when using the Kaplan QBank for a correlation, especially on the lower end of the spectrum. 50% on medfriends is failing miserably, while 50% on Kaplan is passing with a respectable score of ~210.

Self reporting issue? Kaplan trying to give a false sense of hope (not sure what they would gain from that)? Any other ideas?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.