Free SOAP or Patient Tracker for PALM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tennesseejed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know of some free or extremely good software for tracking patients? I would like to use my palm more (tx) but need a better means of tracking my patients.

Members don't see this ad.

i have been wanting the same thing!! i'd even be willing to pay a couple of bucks for it. hoepfuly we get some replies! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
tennesseejed said:
Does anybody know of some free or extremely good software for tracking patients? I would like to use my palm more (tx) but need a better means of tracking my patients.

Back in residency, I tried them all. The only one that I liked well enough to use it for any length of time was WardWatch: http://www.watch.aust.com/pilot/wardwatch/default.htm

It won't write your notes for you, but it's a great "scut manager," which is really all you need.

tennesseejed said:

A couple that I've downloaded, but not used yet:

My PDA Census

My patients

It just seems to take longer to turn on the Palm, navigate & open the program, than to shuffle through 3 pages of papers to find the lab values I need. Of course, I'm only taking care of 3 patients at a time.

please let us know your thoughts after you use it a bit.

I have a question related. When taking the USMLE Step 3 I believe it is that you do a history, and do notes on patients. Can you use a PDA?

WannabeOrtho said:
I have a question related. When taking the USMLE Step 3 I believe it is that you do a history, and do notes on patients. Can you use a PDA?

Hi there,
The answer to your question is, "No". You use your brain and a computer provided by the testing company.
njbmd :)

KentW said:
Back in residency, I tried them all. The only one that I liked well enough to use it for any length of time was WardWatch: http://www.watch.aust.com/pilot/wardwatch/default.htm

It won't write your notes for you, but it's a great "scut manager," which is really all you need.

This looks great...my only concern is HIPPA...not that I lie awake thinking about HIPPA, but I know we aren't supposed to take patient info out of the hospital. I'm well aware of the piles of ratty patient tracker sheets that travel back and forth in white coats every day...but has anyone ever gotten busted for things like that?