tennesseejed

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
56
0
New York, NY
www.barkerplasticsurgery.com
Status
Attending Physician
Does anybody know of some free or extremely good software for tracking patients? I would like to use my palm more (tx) but need a better means of tracking my patients.
 

ramonaquimby

I'm a PGY3?! WHAT?!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2005
287
1
Status
i have been wanting the same thing!! i'd even be willing to pay a couple of bucks for it. hoepfuly we get some replies! :)
 

Blue Dog

Fides et ratio.
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2006
12,377
5,164
Status
Attending Physician
tennesseejed said:
Does anybody know of some free or extremely good software for tracking patients? I would like to use my palm more (tx) but need a better means of tracking my patients.
Back in residency, I tried them all. The only one that I liked well enough to use it for any length of time was WardWatch: http://www.watch.aust.com/pilot/wardwatch/default.htm

It won't write your notes for you, but it's a great "scut manager," which is really all you need.
 

Pegsie

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2006
77
0
Status
Attending Physician
tennesseejed said:
Does anybody know of some free or extremely good software for tracking patients? I would like to use my palm more (tx) but need a better means of tracking my patients.
A couple that I've downloaded, but not used yet:

My PDA Census

My patients

It just seems to take longer to turn on the Palm, navigate & open the program, than to shuffle through 3 pages of papers to find the lab values I need. Of course, I'm only taking care of 3 patients at a time.
 
OP
tennesseejed

tennesseejed

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
56
0
New York, NY
www.barkerplasticsurgery.com
Status
Attending Physician
DOctorJay said:
http://www.erecordsystem.com/

check this one out. it's pretty easy to use and has lots of options, i believe you can configure it to your preferences as well.

J
This one looks really good. Almost exactly what I want. I will give it try tomorrow.
 

DOctorJay

15+ Year Member
May 8, 2004
3,057
648
Status
Attending Physician
please let us know your thoughts after you use it a bit.
 

WannabeOrtho

Surgery Go'er
10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
84
0
31
Southern Ohio
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I have a question related. When taking the USMLE Step 3 I believe it is that you do a history, and do notes on patients. Can you use a PDA?
 

njbmd

Guest
Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2001
9,050
146
Gone Walkabout!
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
WannabeOrtho said:
I have a question related. When taking the USMLE Step 3 I believe it is that you do a history, and do notes on patients. Can you use a PDA?
Hi there,
The answer to your question is, "No". You use your brain and a computer provided by the testing company.
njbmd :)
 

sophiejane

Exhausted
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2003
2,778
5
Waco, TX
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
KentW said:
Back in residency, I tried them all. The only one that I liked well enough to use it for any length of time was WardWatch: http://www.watch.aust.com/pilot/wardwatch/default.htm

It won't write your notes for you, but it's a great "scut manager," which is really all you need.
This looks great...my only concern is HIPPA...not that I lie awake thinking about HIPPA, but I know we aren't supposed to take patient info out of the hospital. I'm well aware of the piles of ratty patient tracker sheets that travel back and forth in white coats every day...but has anyone ever gotten busted for things like that?