Free Step 2CK questions "free 150" + Level of Difficulty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike james

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, can anyone comment on the level of difficulty for the free questions from the usmle website compared to the real step 2CK exam?

Members don't see this ad.

They are no match for the current questions on recent Step 2 CK test according to recent test takers.
All the NBMEs are outdated too.
Even UW is not that much helpful as it has been in the past.
It's like going where no man (or women) has gone before.

@ transposony - amen to that! LOL

But to be fair they did change questions in the actual fred 150 download software, versus the q's from the 2012 pdf. So i dont know know which to think is the accurate one and whether they correlate to step 2 ck?

But to be fair they did change questions in the actual fred 150 download software, versus the q's from the 2012 pdf. So i dont know know which to think is the accurate one and whether they correlate to step 2 ck?
According to the most recent test takers (who did those latest updated free 150) they are of not of any help. I will let you know in a couple of weeks from my own personal experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any comments from recent test takers would be helpful.

I took just the first block and only missed 3. I stopped the test because I knew the real deal wouldn't be that easy. I thought the real deal was much more difficult in that I just wasn't absolutely 100% confident with my answers whereas I basically knew I got the right answer in the free 150. Hope that helps. Either way, I think if oyu have the time, it doesn't hurt to take it and see what MedFriends predicts just to see how you stack up against other test takers.