Free Surgical textbooks - Sabiston's etc

tussy

10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 1999
Canada
  1. Attending Physician
    Orange Julius said:
    Is there anywhere that I can access online versions of surgical textbooks for free? I just checked out MD consult and it's a bit pricey. Thanks.

Check with your university or hospital library. Many have subscriptions to MD Consult and many have remote access so you can access from home. I have access to MD consult thru 3 different associations!!!

As for other sources - I don't know of any. Some textbooks give you a CD with the book on it and I know in my program these CD got loaned around so everyone could "borrow" the information.

About the Ads

Jocomama

Make 'em bleed!
    10+ Year Member
    May 7, 2006
    Ann Arbor, MI and Chicago
    1. Attending Physician
      It's all over the hospital
      DOn't buy - will be outdated before you are done.
      Borrow, or buy used.
      My old Surg texts are worthless - pitched them 2 yrs ago.

Orange Julius said:
      Is there anywhere that I can access online versions of surgical textbooks for free? I just checked out MD consult and it's a bit pricey. Thanks.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.