Free Surgical textbooks - Sabiston's etc

Discussion in 'Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties' started by Orange Julius, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Orange Julius

Orange Julius Senior Member

Is there anywhere that I can access online versions of surgical textbooks for free? I just checked out MD consult and it's a bit pricey. Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tussy

tussy Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Check with your university or hospital library. Many have subscriptions to MD Consult and many have remote access so you can access from home. I have access to MD consult thru 3 different associations!!!

As for other sources - I don't know of any. Some textbooks give you a CD with the book on it and I know in my program these CD got loaned around so everyone could "borrow" the information.

4. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    I think if you join ACS you get access to on-line stuff, including their textbook. I don't know of too many surgical texts which are on-line and have been purchased, but as tussy notes, check with your med school library.

5. Death

Death Junior Member

Medical Student
    If you are not too keen on legal stuff. There is a copy of sabiston [ 17th edition ] free for d/l on www.projectw.org. Go there an search foor " sabiston " in Ebookz and tutorials section

6. Jocomama

Jocomama Make 'em bleed!

Attending Physician
    It's all over the hospital
    DOn't buy - will be outdated before you are done.
    Borrow, or buy used.
    My old Surg texts are worthless - pitched them 2 yrs ago.