Orange Julius

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2005
Status
Is there anywhere that I can access online versions of surgical textbooks for free? I just checked out MD consult and it's a bit pricey. Thanks.

tussy

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Feb 12, 1999
Canada
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Orange Julius said:
Is there anywhere that I can access online versions of surgical textbooks for free? I just checked out MD consult and it's a bit pricey. Thanks.
Check with your university or hospital library. Many have subscriptions to MD Consult and many have remote access so you can access from home. I have access to MD consult thru 3 different associations!!!

As for other sources - I don't know of any. Some textbooks give you a CD with the book on it and I know in my program these CD got loaned around so everyone could "borrow" the information.

Death

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2005
Status
Medical Student
If you are not too keen on legal stuff. There is a copy of sabiston [ 17th edition ] free for d/l on www.projectw.org. Go there an search foor " sabiston " in Ebookz and tutorials section

Jocomama

Make 'em bleed!
10+ Year Member
May 7, 2006
Ann Arbor, MI and Chicago
Status
Attending Physician
It's all over the hospital
DOn't buy - will be outdated before you are done.
Borrow, or buy used.
My old Surg texts are worthless - pitched them 2 yrs ago.

Orange Julius said: