DrHuang

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2003
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So you got into med school and you have 9 months before it starts. Youre done with school, dont have to pay for rent or food (no financial obligations) and you have no wife or children. You have a few thousand saved up. What would you do with your time?

jbrice1639

Cub Fan, Bud Man
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2005
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
i'd get a syrup-only squishee and go nuts springfield style.

OP
D

DrHuang

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2003
Status
Resident [Any Field]
jbrice1639 said:
:laugh: simpsons

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2005
Status
jbrice1639 said:
hahahahhahahhahahhahha..excellent

i'd go to italy

Pretty POHA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2005
Lakewood, CO
www.perilouslyprecocious.com
Status
Pre-Medical
I'd make babies.
***Just kidding. That's the last thing I'd do!***

I'd travel. I'd stay for a week with all of my friends scattered across the country. I'd travel to Europe. I'd visit a few foreign countries. I'd see what beautiful things I could see before it was too late!!!

OP
D

DrHuang

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2003
Status
Resident [Any Field]
vn2004 said:
i'll tell you what i'd do, man...two chicks at the same time.

:cool:
:laugh: office space

next quote please :)

chef_NU

G-Unit
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago
Status
vn2004 said:
i'll tell you what i'd do, man...two chicks at the same time.

:cool:
= )

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
Status
Medical Student
gintien said:
So you got into med school and you have 9 months before it starts. Youre done with school, dont have to pay for rent or food (no financial obligations) and you have no wife or children. You have a few thousand saved up. What would you do with your time?
invest or start a business. if you want to get philanthropic about it, donate the proceeds to good causes. but dont donate the principal--thats warren buffetts style, amass then unload everything post mortem. a few thousand is enough to get involved in investing, just dont botch it

im serious about that. another poster mentioned traveling and i think that is also a beneficial activity, depending on what obligations you have back home

abcd1234

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Shredder said:
invest or start a business. if you want to get philanthropic about it, donate the proceeds to good causes. but dont donate the principal--thats warren buffetts style, amass then unload everything post mortem. a few thousand is enough to get involved in investing, just dont botch it

im serious about that. another poster mentioned traveling and i think that is also a beneficial activity, depending on what obligations you have back home
a few thousand? I'd get a job....a few thousand won't cover med school! It probably won't even cover books! On the other hand, if money is no object, I'd travel the world. Every last nook and cranny of it. If you're going to be lounging around anyway, might as well do it in some exocitc places right?

Thundrstorm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2002
Status
Medical Student
Give me your money and go to work for me, and I'll show you.

medicomel

Purveyor of short posts.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
a stone's throw away from reality
www.google.com
Status
Attending Physician
gintien said:
you could come over here and help me with these damn financial statements...

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Go to Mexico and learn Spanish.

parameddan

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2005
Status
What? I tell you what to do. Trade places with me and you'll never have to worry over this problem again.

Dan

red dot

burning, burning
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
chicago
Status
Medical Student
gintien said:
masturbate? :laugh:

Antigunner

This is a chill pill.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2005
Edmond
Status
Attending Physician
I'm going to agree with the traveling idea, however I think I would go to the South Pacific instead of Europe :thumbup:

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I would do what I am going to do next July. I would take my husband and my son, go to France, and follow the Tour de France on roadbikes.

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
gdbaby said:
I would do what I am going to do next July. I would take my husband and my son, go to France, and follow the Tour de France on roadbikes.
Husband??? Son??? I feel so cheated on B!

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Flopotomist said:
Husband??? Son??? I feel so cheated on B!
Flop, the husband's disposable. You know you are the only one for me! I will abandon them somewhere in Basque country and meet you in Paris. As for the son--well a cute little boy should go for a lot of money on ebay! ;)

DropkickMurphy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2005
A bar room in Mombasa drinking gin
Status
Other Health Professions Student
gdbaby said:
Flop, the husband's disposable. You know you are the only one for me! I will abandon them somewhere in Basque country and meet you in Paris. As for the son--well a cute little boy should go for a lot of money on ebay! ;)
"Honey, lets sell the children on EBay, move to Zanzibar and begin taking opium rectally" :laugh:

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Praetorian said:
"Honey, lets sell the children on EBay, move to Zanzibar and begin taking opium rectally" :laugh:
HAAA! Tears, literally rolling down my face! :laugh:

Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Silver Spring, Maryland
Status
Omg gdbaby, you're a gal? Whoops! I thought you just had Barbara as your status because it was your SO or something, and that your avatar was a picture of you. Guess not! Hahaha, this is almost as surprising as finding out gujuDoc was a girl as well, but she knows I picked up on that quite early in the game. EEE! I'm always laaaassstttt

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
Status
Medical Student
abcd1234 said:
a few thousand? I'd get a job....a few thousand won't cover med school! It probably won't even cover books! On the other hand, if money is no object, I'd travel the world. Every last nook and cranny of it. If you're going to be lounging around anyway, might as well do it in some exocitc places right?
lots of jokes around here but im trying to give serious advice. a few thousand dollars is plenty to start a small, simple business, and the experience is invaluable. its even great practice if you plan to run a private practice one day. most docs are severely lacking in business and financial savvy. well, few other ppl have my mindset. if you have money you can either spend it or make it grow--i think the latter is best. and dont forget that by starting a business youre also serving society, much more so than any volunteering but i dont want to delve into that. traveling too is a valuable experience that gives new perspectives. but 9 months of traveling isnt realistic unless you study or find a way to generate money to finance that kind of lifestyle.

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Turkeyman said:
Omg gdbaby, you're a gal? Whoops! I thought you just had Barbara as your status because it was your SO or something, and that your avatar was a picture of you. Guess not! Hahaha, this is almost as surprising as finding out gujuDoc was a girl as well, but she knows I picked up on that quite early in the game. EEE! I'm always laaaassstttt
Turkeyman/Chickenman, if that was a picture of me, I would be sad. 100% woman, baby! :D