Path_Anon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2005
Status (Visible)
anyone know the website that was once posted that listed several of the WHO blue books in free downloadable pdf's? The one I had doesn't seem to work now. wtf?

About the Ads

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
didnt see the new heme one though.

djmd

an Antediluvian
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2001
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I think they only publish the old ones...
(maybe just the out of print ones)

listeriaismfb

sleep deprived
10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2008
Bikini Bottom
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
didnt see the new heme one though.

If you want the new heme it will cost 134.95 (including shipping), it's one of the few money makers they have in the series.

To be perfectly clear for truth seeking medical students out there (you know who you are), I base my assumption on the fact that I heard one of the WHO Heme authors say that the WHO was looking to discontinue the whole series in spite of the fact that the heme book makes money; there was some lobbying to keep the heme book around and release an updated edition.

rirriri

easy
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If you want the new heme it will cost 134.95 (including shipping), it's one of the few money makers they have in the series.

To be perfectly clear for truth seeking medical students out there (you know who you are), I base my assumption on the fact that I heard one of the WHO Heme authors say that the WHO was looking to discontinue the whole series in spite of the fact that the heme book makes money; there was some lobbying to keep the heme book around and release an updated edition.

really? the whole series may be discontinued? that would be.....weird.

a new Neuro book came out last year as well...i had heard a new Soft Tissue book was on its way next year...

listeriaismfb

sleep deprived
10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2008
Bikini Bottom
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
really? the whole series may be discontinued? that would be.....weird.

a new Neuro book came out last year as well...i had heard a new Soft Tissue book was on its way next year...

Agree that it would be silly to d/c the series, but the WHO is, um, busy...

You know the global AIDS issues, polio eradication, & the like. Blue books are a bit further down on the list of priorities.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.