French Speaking Country

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocHoo

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any French speaking countries that have med schools taught in English? If so, are they accredited?
Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

DocHoo said:
Are there any French speaking countries that have med schools taught in English? If so, are they accredited?

Canada. Fully-accredited by the LCME equivalent. Problem is getting in!

Try looking at imed.ecfmg.org and searching the francophone European countries, though I doubt that any European francophone country has an English language program leading to the MD degree.

DocHoo said:

:D Can we ask why you're looking for such a school?

I think your best bet would be a country like Switzerland (or Canada, of course) where French isn't the only official language. Some of the off-shore schools might be chartered in a French-speaking country, I guess.

Otherwise, just buy "English language med schools in French speaking countries for dummies" and take it from there.

BellKicker said:
Some of the off-shore schools might be chartered in a French-speaking country, I guess.

None that I know of - in the French-speaking Caribbean, Guadelupe and Martinique are "deppartementes", and the half of St. Martin that is French doesn't have the AUC campus (it's on the Dutch side). The only other French island is Haiti, and there are no "off shore" medical schools there. I don't even know if the Haitian native medical colleges are still educating.

Off-shore schools are English or Spanish speaking islands, only.