fresh comic for you, "the pianist" (mayo phone interview part 2)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pyrois

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As some of you have discovered, feeding my ego = more comic strips:p So here's another to start the week.

Also, if you haven't noticed, I've added the dreaded "google ads" to the site. I'm attempting to break even on the cost of putting the comic strips online, so if I can maket about $20/month, I'll be ecstatic:p On the other hand, I doubt that's going to happen, but it's worth a shot.

In any case, this strip is sort of a continuation of the last one. For those of you who actually did the mayo phone interview, this was kind of one of the questions:p

http://www.belowthemean.com/pnp/?comic=5

(bookmark http://www.belowthemean.com/pnp/ not the specific comic one:p)

Members don't see this ad.

:love: aww i think Charles needs a girlfriend...

why do i feel like i'm always the first one to read ur new comic? I think i spend too much time on SDN..

why do i feel like i'm always the first one to read ur new comic? I think i spend too much time on SDN..

At least its only 12:26 where you are (I assume) which is a reasonable time to be on SDN. Its 3:30 here.. and I have a final later today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its 1:28 here, and I'm still in my lab :(

Maybe he does:p

I think I spend too much time on SDN as well... it's so mindbogglingly addicting...

hahaha i like it. i have a similar internal monologue when talking to my parents or my boss. "Don't say f*ck. Don't say f*ck. Don't say f*ck." (Lewis Black said this in a stand-up bit and I almost peed my pants - How did he read my mind??)

hahaha i like it. i have a similar internal monologue when talking to my parents or my boss. "Don't say f*ck. Don't say f*ck. Don't say f*ck." (Lewis Black said this in a stand-up bit and I almost peed my pants - How did he read my mind??)

Haha, well I'm sure internal monologues occur all the time in the worst possible situation:p

I saw that one too:) Do you like Lewis Black's stuff?

I saw that one too:) Do you like Lewis Black's stuff?

i love lewis black! ive seen most of his stand up and read his book - cant wait for his new show to come out.. his ranting is great, its like he can read my mind.. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
i love lewis black! ive seen most of his stand up and read his book - cant wait for his new show to come out.. his ranting is great, its like he can read my mind.. :D

I first saw him on HBO, then I rented a bunch of dvd's with him.

I haven't read his book though. Then again I haven't read any books lately.

Haha, he did; but to be fair I work late because I sometimes screw around/flirt with work studies during the day.

I remember staying late in my lab one day just to see how late my PI was there.

He never left.

I remember staying late in my lab one day just to see how late my PI was there.

He never left.

For a while I went into lab only from 1 AM to 7 AM because my biological clock was thrown way off from a trip. Strangely enough, there was always someone in there:p

For a while I went into lab only from 1 AM to 7 AM because my biological clock was thrown way off from a trip. Strangely enough, there was always someone in there:p

That's some biological clock shift.

Heh, yup, our lab has someone in it at any time of day, though usually not our PI. Last lab I was in the only thing the PI did in the lab was come in during the mornings to heat up his chai (in the microwave we used for heating chemicals...) and then went to his office all day. <----reason I don't want to be a PI, PI really stands for professional grant writer, they just haven't gotten around to changing the letters yet.

Heh, yup, our lab has someone in it at any time of day, though usually not our PI. Last lab I was in the only thing the PI did in the lab was come in during the mornings to heat up his chai (in the microwave we used for heating chemicals...) and then went to his office all day. <----reason I don't want to be a PI, PI really stands for professional grant writer, they just haven't gotten around to changing the letters yet.

One of the reasons I wasn't so interested in a PhD after seeing my PI just write grant after grant.

As some of you have discovered, feeding my ego = more comic strips:p So here's another to start the week.

Also, if you haven't noticed, I've added the dreaded "google ads" to the site. I'm attempting to break even on the cost of putting the comic strips online, so if I can maket about $20/month, I'll be ecstatic:p On the other hand, I doubt that's going to happen, but it's worth a shot.

In any case, this strip is sort of a continuation of the last one. For those of you who actually did the mayo phone interview, this was kind of one of the questions:p

http://www.belowthemean.com/pnp/?comic=5

(bookmark http://www.belowthemean.com/pnp/ not the specific comic one:p)
:laugh: very nice