Freshman Year Schedule. URGENT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HotDoc212

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have orientation coming up in the coming weeks, and was a little worried about my schedule. I will be attending the University of Arizona, and was wondering what this sample plan looks like to you.
http://physiology.arizona.edu/sites/default/files/Plan 1 - ALEKS MATH124_March 2012_0.pdf

The only exception is I will not be taking Calculus, as I am taking it over the summer and plan on transferring it. My issue here is that will only taking one chem class suffice for freshman year? Or should I take Biology as well (instead of Junior year as the PDF says). All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I have orientation coming up in the coming weeks, and was a little worried about my schedule. I will be attending the University of Arizona, and was wondering what this sample plan looks like to you.
http://physiology.arizona.edu/sites/default/files/Plan 1 - ALEKS MATH124_March 2012_0.pdf

The only exception is I will not be taking Calculus, as I am taking it over the summer and plan on transferring it. My issue here is that will only taking one chem class suffice for freshman year? Or should I take Biology as well (instead of Junior year as the PDF says). All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Why is this urgent? Chillax yo. Your school has your schedule mapped out. It's fine. Concentrate on getting good grades and a girl or two.

How do you not take a biology class until your junior year in a physiology program? I would do the intro bio as early as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Weird... Intro Bio should be during freshman or sophomore year. They do have Human Anatomy and Physiology during his sophomore year, but that's also before his Intro Bio class.

I think they have it backwards.

Ya, although I kind of like the idea of learning the sciences as they sort of progressed historically. From math, to physics, to chemistry, and then biology. They all kind of build into each other and each one mainly uses the preceding science for proofs and explanations.

I would take the intro BIO 1+2 w/labs during your first year. Assuming you want to take some upper level BIO classes, you will have to take them your senior year following this schedule if the intro bio courses are prereqs(they most likely will be).

I would take the intro BIO 1+2 w/labs during your first year. Assuming you want to take some upper level BIO classes, you will have to take them your senior year following this schedule if the intro bio courses are prereqs(they most likely will be).
Would I take bio 1 and 2 freshman year in addition to the recommended chemistry course? Thanks!

Would I take bio 1 and 2 freshman year in addition to the recommended chemistry course? Thanks!

It is entirely your choice, but typically, yes. Especially if you are not going to be taking Calc I the first semester.