Freshmen Biology Grade Worries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heather Czupich

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm brand spankin' new here and I have a question.
This is my first semester of my freshmen year and my Bio class is taught by a professor that brags about his students never getting above a C on their tests. So far, he's been right and everyone that I know taking that class taught by him has the same problem. Will this first grade as a Biology/Pre-med student affect my "profile" for med school. I'm conifdent that I would be getting higher grades if I had another teacher so should I consider retaking it or risk the grade so I keep up? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

you have come this far with the class, that it seems counterproductive to drop it at this point.

ask around, maybe this dude curves at the end of the semester?? i would think he wouldnt want to give all his students ****ty marks....but some profs are just plain A-holes.

good luck....and never take any of this guys classes again.

later

Man! They're getting younger and younger! Don't worry about this crap now- have fun. Leave the stress for later. Trust Trek. Later --Trek

Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you go to school Heather?

Originally posted by Trek_OCLV:
•Man! They're getting younger and younger! Don't worry about this crap now- have fun. Leave the stress for later. Trust Trek. Later --Trek•••

Listen to this man.

This is Heather, I had to change my login name. I go to the University of Toledo.

and trust me...I'm never going to take this dudes classes again. I was just worried that it wouldn't look good but it's so early in the game anyway right? thanks everybody!

Don't drop it and waste the time and money that you've already given to this class. It's almost over and just take another prof next semester, get an A or B and show that you can do just fine in Bio. Many applicants have Cs on their transcript. I personally have 2 (in the same quarter and in premed classes--had a rough quarter once) but only one person has asked me about it in an interview, and they only dwelled on it for like 2 seconds. Just don't make a habit of getting Cs and you'll be fine. You're a freshman and have plenty of time to show that you can cut it in your science classes.

i withdrew and had to retake my first bio class. don't worry, your first bio class is not the ulimatum predictor of your medschool success. Infact, it'll look good that you improved your grades in higher level classes. Do your best, and the prof will probably curve something.