Fricken AMCAS...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WISC-ite

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, they are at it again. Just FYI, I called several schools today to ask why I haven't received a secondary application and well....they told me that AMCAS hasn't sent any information to them yet. According to my AMCAS application my primary was transmitted out over a month ago. So, today I sent a copy of my primary to the schools that didn't receive my application just to get the ball rolling.

Just thougth some may want to know.

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

how can you tell when amcas has been transmitted? Where does it say in the AMCAs app?

the front page of your amcas has transmission dates for each school listed. Most of the schools I designated received my application, but only a few didn't. The problem is, one of those few was a state school that i REALLY want to go to.

best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
There are two areas within your AMCAS app where you can check your transmission dates. 1 - The front page of your app (the one you see when you log on) first shows the dates that your preliminary information (name, address, stuff like that) was sent to each school.........and these dates are later updated once the ENTIRE app is transmitted to each school. Have you noticed that any of those dates have been changed in the last few weeks. If not, then.............2 - The real transmission dates, meaning the ones designating when the entire app has been transmitted to each school, can be seen in the print version of your application. So hit "Print your application" and then look over to your list of med schools. If there is a date next to each school, then that school should have your entire app, if not, they may only have preliminary info on you (so you might notice that on the opening page of the AMCAS app there might be a date next to the school, whereas in the print version there may not be a date.........this means that the school only has your preliminary info :mad: ). So, if your schools screen, they won't send you a secondary until a after a date appears in the "real transmission date" section. I hope this helps. :)

all the schools have my info according to the print version and the first web page of my application, but some of those schools are the ones I called and said they never received it.

Thanks, and good luck to all. I know some schools have not been sending out-of-state secondaries yet (so don't panic), but this doesn't apply in my case to a few schools that haven't received anything.

WISC-ite

That sucks Wisc.............and you know what I say to that? KILL AMCAS NOW!!! +pissed+

+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

I hate everything AAMC does (or, rather, screws up)!

+pissed+