StartingoverVet

Flight Instructor for hire
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2010
Neither here nor there.
Status
Non-Student
Ah yes let’s lynch an important player when village on day 1. Yes they are dangerous as a wolf. But that’s why you use your lynch Lupin by day 3/4 button if we aren’t getting wolves.
This strikes me as weird only because I got in hot water last game using the same reasoning. Incidentally I was a wolf, which really had nothing to do with it, because that is how I play it.....don’t Lynch good players unless you have a reason.

Anyway, what is weird is that Nav was a (assistant) mod last game and saw the outcome of that. Why would he use the same approach that had me under suspicion the rest of game? Just seems weird. Not wolfy but weird,

OP
Animal Midwife

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2016
PMs, melting down brb
Official Day 1 Lynch Tally
SAR (1) - SOV
dubz (1) - genny
allie (1) - dubz
genny (1) - ny
Lupin (2) - miz, SAR
Coop (1) - MsP
SOV () -
ny (1) - Coop
MsP (1) - Nav
miz (1) - Lupin

10/13
lynch close in ~26.5 hours

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
This strikes me as weird only because I got in hot water last game using the same reasoning. Incidentally I was a wolf, which really had nothing to do with it, because that is how I play it.....don’t Lynch good players unless you have a reason.

Anyway, what is weird is that Nav was a (assistant) mod last game and saw the outcome of that. Why would he use the same approach that had me under suspicion the rest of game? Just seems weird. Not wolfy but weird,
Did you have an option to hold onto your innocent child announcement? Why did you just start out with it if so?

SARdoghandler

something something legend
2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student
Unlynch Lupin
Lynch miz

New leader time :heckyeah:

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
  • Haha
Reactions: mizchiefmanaged

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student
Unlynch Miz, Lynch SAR....

You seem entirely too excited for leaders. :pompous:
Yeah, it gives me things to think about, which is exciting

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student
Me being in the lead gives me the least amount of things to think about

So allow me to throw some silly British insults at you

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
Me being in the lead gives me the least amount of things to think about

So allow me to throw some silly British insults at you

It lets you think of how to prove you're village. :)

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
shouldn't be that hard if you're village
Do you remember how many times villagers lynch villagers?? It can be quite hard for some!

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student
Do you remember how many times villagers lynch villagers?? It can be quite hard for some!
Mmmm is that failure on the lynchee's part for not spewing village enough? Or on the lynchers for not being more astute? :unsure:

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
Mmmm is that failure on the lynchee's part for not spewing village enough? Or on the lynchers for not being more astute? :unsure:
You'll notice there are plenty of villagers who don't get lynched often as village, so i do think there is an art to it for sure.

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student
You'll notice there are plenty of villagers who don't get lynched often as village, so i do think there is an art to it for sure.
So you would posit that anyone who gets lynched repeatedly as village is poor at demonstrating their villageness?

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
So you would posit that anyone who gets lynched repeatedly as village is poor at demonstrating their villageness?
Yes. Unless there is a strong wolf leading the voting and not enough strong villagers.

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student
Yes. Unless there is a strong wolf leading the voting and not enough strong villagers.
So you wouldn't say there are certain easy lynches because the lynchers just get comfortable and don't want to re-evaluate or do not pick up on someone clearly village? For example, MsP's frequent early lynches as village

Reactions: Ms Procrastinator

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
So you wouldn't say there are certain easy lynches because the lynchers just get comfortable and don't want to re-evaluate or do not pick up on someone clearly village? For example, MsP's frequent early lynches as village
I can tell you for sure that her replies when she is in the lead is not village friendly having played with her my last game.

Reactions: WildZoo

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student
I can tell you for sure that her replies when she is in the lead is not village friendly having played with her my last game.
What do you consider "village friendly"? I'm genuinely curious because I feel like I don't see movement off of wagons on this site often except when there are vouches or mechanics

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
What do you consider "village friendly"? I'm genuinely curious because I feel like I don't see movement off of wagons on this site often except when there are vouches or mechanics
For me it comes down to the in real time replies to actual questions about thought process for reading village. I think if people are going to vote someone, they should do everything in their power to get the questions they have about said person asked and answered and evaluate based on those responses. I usually find my village that way, or as a wolf, manipulate people if they are not good at explaining themselves in accordance with my questions.

Ms Procrastinator

I have no idea what I'm doing
Nov 28, 2017
What I perceive as Hell.
Status
Pre-Medical
For me it comes down to the in real time replies to actual questions about thought process for reading village. I think if people are going to vote someone, they should do everything in their power to get the questions they have about said person asked and answered and evaluate based on those responses. I usually find my village that way, or as a wolf, manipulate people if they are not good at explaining themselves in accordance with my questions.
Fair enough

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student
In other, unrelated, news I now am personally responsible for 23% of all posts and I don't know whether this is cause for celebration or I should be shot

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student
This is completely fair. Does that change at all if it's D1? Or, I guess more tangibly, what questions would you be able to ask on a typical d1 or how would they differ from later days? I'm curious how this changes, if at all, when most votes are based on feels and other random things.

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
Fair enough
I think for sure some of it comes down to people just going with it though. I don't think there are enough good cross examiners sometimes to allow a villager up for lynch to prove themselves. There have to be good questions asked if you are to answer in a village manner. lol

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
This is completely fair. Does that change at all if it's D1? Or, I guess more tangibly, what questions would you be able to ask on a typical d1 or how would they differ from later days? I'm curious how this changes, if at all, when most votes are based on feels and other random things.
Like I said, for me, I ask a mixture of questions about a person's thought processes and/or small talk and gauge for truthfulness and ease.

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student
Like I said, for me, I ask a mixture of questions about a person's thought processes and/or small talk and gauge for truthfulness and ease.
Does all of this we've been doing count as small talk?

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
Does all of this we've been doing count as small talk?
It certainly doesn't make me want to change my vote yet if that's what you're asking. I'd say currently you've hopefully been feeling me out, but I don't have a read on you based on this by any means. I will ask you what the point of having someone in the lead but then switching before you had a real reply or time to evaluate that first vote did for helping you think about things.

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student
It certainly doesn't make me want to change my vote yet if that's what you're asking. I'd say currently you've hopefully been feeling me out, but I don't have a read on you based on this by any means. I will ask you what the point of having someone in the lead but then switching before you had a real reply or time to evaluate that first vote did for helping you think about things.
Because I got information and/or reaction from both you and Nav on that move which allowed me to give some village points to you and some sketch points to Nav. Given that, I was ready to see what the reaction would be if I put someone else into the lead. I had plenty of time to evaluate before the switch and I would consider the replies/reactions it garnered "real". It may not be your choice of strategy, but that doesn't mean I didn't do it with purpose

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
Because I got information and/or reaction from both you and Nav on that move which allowed me to give some village points to you and some sketch points to Nav. Given that, I was ready to see what the reaction would be if I put someone else into the lead. I had plenty of time to evaluate before the switch and I would consider the replies/reactions it garnered "real". It may not be your choice of strategy, but that doesn't mean I didn't do it with purpose
Nah, I never knock strategy if it is something that works well for someone. And I forgot even that I was the first one just knew it seemed like you hadn't actually questioned the person in the lead but switched. Which matches because our interactions only started after I voted you. heh

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student
Nah, I never knock strategy if it is something that works well for someone. And I forgot even that I was the first one just knew it seemed like you hadn't actually questioned the person in the lead but switched. Which matches because our interactions only started after I voted you. heh
Aha. So you admit you started it ;)

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
Aha. So you admit you started it ;)
I certainly did. And what a nice convo it has been since now I have insight into your process and believe for now I can move you into a green lean territory. Such good times!

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
Aug 19, 2018
New York
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I think for sure some of it comes down to people just going with it though. I don't think there are enough good cross examiners sometimes to allow a villager up for lynch to prove themselves. There have to be good questions asked if you are to answer in a village manner. lol
How does one do this? asking for a friend

Coopah

2+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
I like the content of the SAR/Lupin convo but leaning them both neutral for now
Now this just feels unnecessary. Are you struggling to make the post count minimum or just want to look like you're contributing?

Aug 19, 2018
New York
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Now this just feels unnecessary. Are you struggling to make the post count minimum or just want to look like you're contributing?
And this feels like unnecessary shade. But yes, part of splitting the posts is to make sure I make the post minimum so yall will likely see a lot of that this game

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student
I certainly did. And what a nice convo it has been since now I have insight into your process and believe for now I can move you into a green lean territory. Such good times!
Oh good now I can sleep at night ;)

Dinashadow

Tufts c/o 2023
May 11, 2018
Status
Veterinary Student
Using laughter to avoid lynches?! That’s the antithesis is what we want to see:

*********lynch MsP************
Are you lynching MsP because she posted a funny gif? What do you think about SAR posting all her her gifs?

Coopah

2+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
And this feels like unnecessary shade. But yes, part of splitting the posts is to make sure I make the post minimum so yall will likely see a lot of that this game
Is it unnecessary if I'm right?

• Wow

SARdoghandler

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2016
Mel's Psyche
Status
Veterinary Student