friend did 2 years in UK and then 2 years in FL US med school automatic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dvdrv31

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, i haven't talked to my friend yet. but she did not take the MCAT......she first registered with some med school in florida that she will go to the UK, do 2 years and come back to the states for the remaining years. what kind of program is this? again, sorry i couldn't provide enough information, but this is all i heard.

Members don't see this ad.

If I am correct, and I believe I am, you can very probably find info by using the term "Grace University School of Medicine" in a search engine.

what kind of program is this? ••

Grace is basically the same program as any other carribean school with just a change of location. Just like Ross or St. George's it is an off-shore medical school intended for US citizens whereby the basic science courses are taught abroad (first two years) with clinical rotations then performed somewhere in the US (remaining two years). St. Christopher's is another carribean-type school operating out of the UK.

I don't know a great deal about either of these programs, only that neither of them are actual British medical schools (i.e. they aren't licensed by the UK's General Medical Council) and apparently both are controversial and each has different issues regarding their charter.

Hope that helps.