Friend matched acgme surg

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
846 DOs were unmatched this year compared to 657 last year. Though there are much more DO applicant this year and the overall unmatched percentage is the same. So far so good.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
846 DOs were unmatched this year compared to 657 last year. Though there are much more DO applicant this year and the overall unmatched percentage is the same. So far so good.

Interesting data: 279 applied for those 98 IR spots, while only 299 applied for the 315 ENT spots, and 61 applied for 60 vascular surgery spots.

Fluffy it appears your field of IR is now the most competitive field in medicine based purely off of applicants to spots.

I wonder if over the next few years we will see more and more people bypassing some of the traditionally competitive fields with brutal residencies or lifestyles for the fields that offer a better lifestyle.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just dying to crow about how well my 2018's did...but if I did...I'd out myself. Let's just say they all matched really, really well. Like, really really well, really.

Reactions: 13 users
I'm just dying to crow about how well my 2018's did...but if I did...I'd out myself. Let's just say they all matched really, really well. Like, really really well, really.
I can already hear Sab3156 in the diatstance screaming “So what?!?! Match lists don’t mean anything!!!”

Reactions: 13 users
Interesting data: 279 applied for those 98 IR spots, while only 299 applied for the 315 ENT spots, and 61 applied for 60 vascular surgery spots.

Fluffy it appears your field of IR is now the most competitive field in medicine based purely off of applicants to spots.

I wonder if over the next few years we will see more and more people bypassing some of the traditionally competitive fields with brutal residencies or lifestyles for the fields that offer a better lifestyle.

100% can see that happening (cough... cough... psych... cough...)

Reactions: 2 users
I can already hear Sab3156 in the diatstance screaming “So what?!?! Match lists don’t mean anything!!!”
I have been reaching out to our wise resident and attending SDNers and have asked their opinions on some programs, and am getting a near universal "Oh, that's a great [or] good program!"

Reactions: 5 users
:woot:

Reactions: 1 user

I routinely skim the threads to see what type of nonsensical **** flows through his fingertips. I sure do hope that as one of the most self-hating DO's on this forum, that he's alright. I haven't seen him in almost a day.

Always a good laugh...always

Reactions: 4 users
I routinely skim the threads to see what type of nonsensical **** flows through his fingertips. I sure do hope that as one of the most self-hating DO's on this forum, that he's alright. I haven't seen him in almost a day.

Always a good laugh...always
I demand a recount.

Reactions: 3 users

Going back to the post I made in the pre-DO section, this is exactly what I was referring to. You'll always have that one person that regrets his decision to go DO, when given the opportunity to go MD. Even though his match should be cause for celebration...

Going back to the post I made in the pre-DO section, this is exactly what I was referring to. You'll always have that one person that regrets his decision to go DO, when given the opportunity to go MD. Even though his match should be cause for celebration...
In that thread, it's less DO vs MD and much more "I don't want to go there, even though I applied there"! And it seems that his/her reasons for balking were superficial.

Reactions: 4 users
In that thread, it's less DO vs MD and much more "I don't want to go there, even though I applied there"! And it seems that his/her reasons for balking were superficial.
No one knows what the **** is going on in that thread.