Quantcast

friends from med school

Achieve USMLE Step PREP Success | Picmonic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hawaiianhost1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you are still in close contact with your friends from medical school? Do you even talk to them anymore?

I am a first year medical student and I'm having a difficult time making friends with my classmates. So much so that it's stressing me out. If most residents don't end up keeping contact with most of their med school friends, it might make me feel a little better...thanks.

Smurfette

Gargamel always had a thing for blondes.
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
    Reaction score
    I still talk to a couple good friends from med school regularly, and we are all attendings now. We get together from time to time despite living several hours away from one another.

You're still a first year. Give it time. You are likely not the only one in your class who feels this way. Things will get better as everyone gets used to being a med student and loosen up a bit and start to "branch out" to meet others.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.