Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Friendship

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by dr_yo_yo, Dec 18, 1999.

1. dr_yo_yo

dr_yo_yo New Member

I think I just messed up because I have no idea how to use this thing. If this message appears for the second time, sorry...

In any case, I'd rather not say where I am now, but we are both from UC Berkeley as undergrads. I think that you both are right and I will just confront her. It saddens me that this situation happenned because we were best friends in college. She also couldn't have thought that I was not right for the job because we organized a "pre-med" club in college.

Anyway, I also don't think that everyone is cutthroat in medical school. In fact most of the people are not.

But as I said, I'll just talk to her. Gotta go...I'm going out.

[This message has been edited by dr_yo_yo (edited 12-18-1999).]

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Test Boy

Test Boy Senior Member

There's a med school in Berkeley? You should confront her and ask her about it. If it sounds like she's making excuses, then just forget about it and find some better friends.

4. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't think there's a med school at Berkeley, but I guess you meant that's where the two of you attended college.

Unfortunate as it may be, medicine is a cutthroat profession and just about everyone is out there to be the best. That's what happens when you organize a group of supposed overachievers into one building and grant them knowledge that can save a life one day. Intense competition exists at every med school I've ever visited (even the ones with a strict Pass/Fail system). Heck, intense competition existed at the undergraduate level too! That's life in medicine. Get used to it.

Starting a club without your knowledge or inclusion isn't necessarily a cutthroat tactic. Maybe she didn't think you were right for the club. There are a ton of reasons. Don't jump to conclusions just because you weren't included! Ask her.

Tim of New York City ("Cutthroat Central")