Friendship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr_yo_yo

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I just messed up because I have no idea how to use this thing. If this message appears for the second time, sorry...

In any case, I'd rather not say where I am now, but we are both from UC Berkeley as undergrads. I think that you both are right and I will just confront her. It saddens me that this situation happenned because we were best friends in college. She also couldn't have thought that I was not right for the job because we organized a "pre-med" club in college.

Anyway, I also don't think that everyone is cutthroat in medical school. In fact most of the people are not.

But as I said, I'll just talk to her. Gotta go...I'm going out.

[This message has been edited by dr_yo_yo (edited 12-18-1999).]

Members don't see this ad.

There's a med school in Berkeley? You should confront her and ask her about it. If it sounds like she's making excuses, then just forget about it and find some better friends.

I don't think there's a med school at Berkeley, but I guess you meant that's where the two of you attended college.

Unfortunate as it may be, medicine is a cutthroat profession and just about everyone is out there to be the best. That's what happens when you organize a group of supposed overachievers into one building and grant them knowledge that can save a life one day. Intense competition exists at every med school I've ever visited (even the ones with a strict Pass/Fail system). Heck, intense competition existed at the undergraduate level too! That's life in medicine. Get used to it.

Starting a club without your knowledge or inclusion isn't necessarily a cutthroat tactic. Maybe she didn't think you were right for the club. There are a ton of reasons. Don't jump to conclusions just because you weren't included! Ask her.

Tim of New York City ("Cutthroat Central")