From Canada - Looking to evaluate my EC's

Lunasly

5+ Year Member
May 17, 2010
Canada
    Hello everyone,

I am from Canada and I just finished my second year) and the schools that I want to apply to seem to be accepting students with high GPA's (majority seem to be 3.8+). I have a 3.5 GPA and I am hoping I can get an adcoms opinion on my EC's. I am not trolling here and I understand they are good. My question is: Will they make up for my GPA?

Medically Related EC's:
    - International Volunteering (2 months @ 237 hours) – Took care and accompanied an adolescent who was paralyzed in the war against Israel in the middle east (innocent bystander)).

- Volunteering in the Emergency Department as a Team Leader (~1.5 years @ ~200 hours (3 hours a week) - As a team leader it was my responsibility to train new volunteers who were going to be volunteering in the emergency department. When I was not training, I would be volunteering myself in the department.

Non-Medically Related EC's:
    - Big Brothers Big Sisters School Mentoring Program (8 months @ 25 hours (1 hour a week))

- High School Mathematics & Calculus Tutoring (2 years @ 200 hours (2 hours a week)) - Tutored high school students all across my province in high school mathematics and introductory calculus in an online manner. (This is a form of employment)

General Chemistry & Physics Tutor (3 semesters @ 38 hours) - Privately tutored students in introductory college physics and chemistry.

- Founder & Webmaster of student association website; one of the executive of the student association (1 year @ 40 hours).

- International Volunteering (2 months @ 256 hours (4 days a week @ 8 hours a day)) - Tutoring ESL, basic mathematics, basics of using a computer (e.g. word, powerpoint), anti-bullying seminar).

Computer Technician (7 years @ 984 hours (4 hours a week) - My father works a computer technician and I help out by fixing computers, removing malware, installing software or antivirus, etc. It makes the job go faster so we can see more people in a day since my family is on a single income. I have been doing it since I was 15 (I have never been paid for this activity as its basically my way providing my fair share).

Research:
    Presented a research poster at a small conference at my university.

Hobbies:
    Thursday Night Soccer/Basketball (on and off for the past 12 years)

Working Out/Swimming/Jogging

Two-Time International Championship Winner in an Online First Person Shooter (won two iPod nano's – cheap bastards, lol)(been playing for 4 years).

Pencil Sketching

Future EC's:
    I was just elected to the senate budget committee at my university (student government).

Thank you for your time,
    Lunasly.

Last edited:
    About the Ads
    This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.