1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

From Nursing to Medicine

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by RNtoDOC, Apr 25, 2004.

1. RNtoDOC

RNtoDOC Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Im a 24yo RN working in the Cardiac ICU... Ive actually been Pre-Med/Pre-Nursing since entering college... (family/financial issues prompted me to do this) love nursing.. but medicine has always been my final goal.. Just took the MCATs and looking forward to applying this year.. kinda.. :oops:
    Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat..

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes Large Member
    10+ Year Member

Good luck! I am sure you some great experience to rely on for this process :)

JH

4. macdown

macdown Lego Maniac
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    There are three girls in my class that are former nurses. They seem to be doing fine in school, I don't know how much their nursing experiance is helping with the class work other than being more comfortable around patients.

5. woolie

woolie Intermountain West
    7+ Year Member

A guy I met who will be in my entering class is a cardiac ICU nurse and has alot of excellent experience. He's older, with a family, and I think he's an excellent person to become a physician.

There's no reason why you couldn't do it, the whole application process is anyone's guess, in the end, but if you pursevere and do well you should come out ok.