RNtoDOC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2004
Status
Im a 24yo RN working in the Cardiac ICU... Ive actually been Pre-Med/Pre-Nursing since entering college... (family/financial issues prompted me to do this) love nursing.. but medicine has always been my final goal.. Just took the MCATs and looking forward to applying this year.. kinda.. :oops:
Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat..

Thanks

JohnHolmes

Large Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Status
RNtoDOC said:
Im a 24yo RN working in the Cardiac ICU... Ive actually been Pre-Med/Pre-Nursing since entering college... (family/financial issues prompted me to do this) love nursing.. but medicine has always been my final goal.. Just took the MCATs and looking forward to applying this year.. kinda.. :oops:
Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat..

Thanks
Good luck! I am sure you some great experience to rely on for this process :)

JH

macdown

Lego Maniac
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2002
Land of Sky Blue Water
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
There are three girls in my class that are former nurses. They seem to be doing fine in school, I don't know how much their nursing experiance is helping with the class work other than being more comfortable around patients.

woolie

Intermountain West
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2002
Visit site
Status
A guy I met who will be in my entering class is a cardiac ICU nurse and has alot of excellent experience. He's older, with a family, and I think he's an excellent person to become a physician.

There's no reason why you couldn't do it, the whole application process is anyone's guess, in the end, but if you pursevere and do well you should come out ok.

About the Ads