From Nursing to Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RNtoDOC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im a 24yo RN working in the Cardiac ICU... Ive actually been Pre-Med/Pre-Nursing since entering college... (family/financial issues prompted me to do this) love nursing.. but medicine has always been my final goal.. Just took the MCATs and looking forward to applying this year.. kinda.. :oops:
Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat..

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

RNtoDOC said:
Im a 24yo RN working in the Cardiac ICU... Ive actually been Pre-Med/Pre-Nursing since entering college... (family/financial issues prompted me to do this) love nursing.. but medicine has always been my final goal.. Just took the MCATs and looking forward to applying this year.. kinda.. :oops:
Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat..

Thanks

Good luck! I am sure you some great experience to rely on for this process :)

JH

There are three girls in my class that are former nurses. They seem to be doing fine in school, I don't know how much their nursing experiance is helping with the class work other than being more comfortable around patients.

A guy I met who will be in my entering class is a cardiac ICU nurse and has alot of excellent experience. He's older, with a family, and I think he's an excellent person to become a physician.

There's no reason why you couldn't do it, the whole application process is anyone's guess, in the end, but if you pursevere and do well you should come out ok.