From UCSF, with love

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lady in red

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so in the wake of the UCSF D-day, I get this HUGE envelope from UCSF. It is not white, but yellow. So I tear it up and guess what it says: Dear prospective applicant..." blah blah. Anyways, they sent me information on how to reapply and to participate in their post-bac reapplicant program. I am freaked out. I think they have rejected me already, so this is why this office has my information.
Did anyone else get it? Did you people CA residents who just got in (Paisley, Jessica, postbacchus, Wahoo)--did you guys ever get this information from them? Or is it sent only to rejected people? I am CA resident, and I applied as disadvantaged. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

oh my gosh that is so scary...if it makes any difference, TUlane sent something like that to pple who got rejected, accepted and waitlisted...

so I really dont know what that could mean? :(

I would call them up and ask them. Maybe you filled out some form to receive this info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eek! I can't help you on the actual question, but i can say that as they haven't officially rejected you, you still have a decent shot. After all, as soon as they reject you, they would probably send out a letter directly informing you of that. That letter would probably get there before some other letter.

Of course, that's just a guess! I'll be crossing my fingers for you... :D

Hey Lady,

You should definitely call them and see what's up. You'd think they would know better than to freak people out like that. Good luck, and let us know how it goes. :)

good luck lady. :D

ps. everything will work out fine in the end. you'll see... :)

thanks for encouragement! still, anybody got that thing? is this my final sentence? i had a low MCAT score--maybe thats why they 'referred' me?

I got their letter today...High Priority wait list. I'll just throw that one in the pile with the rest of them...

Case Western (hold)
UCD (hold)
UCSD (Acceptable Applicant Pool)
UCSF (High Priority)

...I wasn't impressed by any of those schools, and I think it affected me negatively in my interview. I loved UCSF until I visited the school because the students there seemed unhappy.

Hi UCLA2000,

I know I already posted something on this, but you really just hit some unhappy people that day. My friends love the school and I certainly am very happy here and with the curriculum. Hope everything works out for you the way you'd like,

Becky

Maybe they just send this packet to everyone who applied to their program. Sort of a blanket mailing. A little thoughtless, yes, but I bet they're just working from one big database and the people working for this program aren't the same one in admissions.

Hang in there, Lady. I'm rooting for you.

EEk! Sorry that I did not see this before. But I got that Post-bac packet too, luckily it came after the acceptance packet (though it did make me re-check the acceptance letter to ensure that I really did get in...) I would not be too worried. At UCSD, they gave us post-bac packets after our interviews... they said that it is in no way indicative of interview performance. They just know that interviewees are likely to know other pre-meds who might be interested in post-bac programs, and they were hoping that we would pass the info on to others who might be interested. I wouldn't take it as a bad sign Lady... they are just hoping that you would do some recruiting for them!