Front Page Article: Juliane Worst, Pharmacy Student Profile

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorPardi

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pharmacy Student Profiled! Juliane Worst, 1st year student at Auburn University's Harrison School of Pharmacy, tells about the difficulties of being a parent while applying to pharmacy school and eventually being a student.

The article is on the front page at this link:
http://studentdoctor.net/blog/2007/10/17/volunteer-profile-julianne-worst/

Here's an exert from the article:
Julianne H. Worst, SDN user name Julianne, is a 32-year-old first-year student pharmacist and pharmacy intern. She is currently a member of the class of 2011 at Auburn University's Harrison School of Pharmacy. Worst, who spent her childhood in both Savannah, Georgia, and Montgomery, Alabama, did her undergrad work at Bevill State Community College in Alabama. She has been married for almost 15 years and has one seven-year-old son.

Choosing pharmacy as a specialty was almost a fluke for Worst. "I actually stumbled on the profession after my son, Ezekiel, was born prematurely back in April of 2000. At that time, I was working about 50 or 60 hours a week (in retail management) and while I enjoyed the work, I could no longer adhere to that type of schedule. I resigned from the management position and spent the next 12 months caring for my son. When I returned from my leave of absence, I requested to come back on a part-time basis and I was assigned to working in the pharmacy as a technician. I quickly fell in love with the profession and decided to make it my career."

Although Worst jokes that she may not know what an iPod is, she says there are some advantages to being an "older" student.

Check out the entire article here:
http://studentdoctor.net/blog/2007/10/17/volunteer-profile-julianne-worst/

Thanks,
Brandon Pardi
Editor-in-Chief
SDN Front Page

Members don't see this ad.