Frustrated and depressed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wingy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I am done with my 2nd year of college and I only have 4 more classes to go before I am done with my pre-med requisites. I have a 3.40 GPA but that will go down by the end of this quarter to maybe a 3.3_. Should I continue being pre-med and go on to take the MCAT and spend thousands of dollars on applications which I probably won't get any positive results from? Anyone similar to my situation that can give me some advice? Should I be looking to other options?

Members don't see this ad.

Wingy - If the issue is just your gpa, you have two years recover it, although I think "recover" might be too strong a word. But if the issue is that you're worried about how much commitment this is going to take in terms of time, energy, money and steely resolve, then a little soul searching is probably in order. In fact, even if you aren't worried about those issues, a little soul searching is in order.

You're gpa probably won't keep you out of medical school, (although it will if it gets really low), but a lack of motivation will. And sometimes motivation involves continuing even when you think it's hopeless, and continuing even when you think you just can't do it anymore. Most of the time it means putting one foot in front of the other, and doing the very best you can in every area of your life.

You have at least two more years to go. If you want to be a doctor, it may mean additional years of school via post-bacc, or taking a year off to do research. If this is what you want, you'd better be willing to do what ever it takes. But think about this carefully...

Nanon

My son you are suffering from the anal Pre-Med syndrome.... there is much more to you than just numbers... good luck! :D