Frustrated. Sad. Wanna give up, but have a zeptogram of hope left

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted738762

I'm focused.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
You're not good at math because you haven't practiced!
PAT and Math need practice. You wont see the results in a day or two or even a week or two. Do a Math test every day, what ever you're struggling on in Math: Don't just look at the answer!! Understand the concept, watch Chad's videos (highly recommend if you have a weak background in math, I even did his QR quizzes) about that concept, and then watch Khan Academy if you still don't understand. Do this for even small things. At one point I was watching videos on calculating the least common multiple which I'm pretty sure is taught to middle schoolers, but I still managed to not remember how to find it. I would sometimes watch Khan Academy videos for an hour on just one topic if I consistently kept getting it wrong.

For PAT, it's just like everyone says: practice, practice, then practice. When I did those practice tests, I spent the normal 60 min doing them, then I would spent like two hours reading every single solution. The first practice test I got a less than 15 - a 40% - (couldn't even get to the cube counting and pattern folding). Then after a week and a half/ two weeks, I still got a 17. However, now that I am practicing more and more, my average has gone up to 21/22. TFE and pattern folding were driving me insane and even after reading Ari's explanation and approach 2-3 times, I still had no idea how to do them. But after practice (almost two weeks) it really will "click" for you just like learning to ride a bike. Even angle ranking (the one that everyone says is impossible) can be learned with practice.

I still haven't taken my DAT (8/8 is my doomsday) so I can't tell how you how well my approach works.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I saw your post before you changed it. Don't give up, and don't surrender to this test. It's almost over so finish up strong. You can't expect improvement without practice. You will fail at first. Hard . I did too. It will get exponentially better once you practice. Good luck my man, I believe in you

Reactions: 1 users
Didn't see the original post, but I made this quote my screensaver and my personal mantra when I was struggling with the DAT: "Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will."
Don't know who said it, but it rings true. By studying and putting in this stressful/awful/hard work, you're succeeding in your own way and making advancements to your goals, and that's more valuable than anything! Take a few deep breaths, keep grinding, and you'll do great!

Reactions: 1 users