Full length practice test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldoctor93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what company yall thought produces the best full length practice tests. I know the AAMC practice tests are going to be the best, but what other company's compare to the real MCAT. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Also, when should we start taking full-length exams if we are taking it in late January? Is it acceptable to break up the exam so you take 2 sections over the course of 2 days or no?

Also, when should we start taking full-length exams if we are taking it in late January? Is it acceptable to break up the exam so you take 2 sections over the course of 2 days or no?
I've seen this strategy used by only a few who've done well. The real benefit of practice exams is developing the stamina needed to sit through a roughly 8 hour test.

I think splitting the exams up is a great way to avoid burnout. For my schedule I actually used the tpr and Kaplan exam sections as part of content review. I did a section a day and reviewed the section in depth. I then did more practice problems on my areas of weakness.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's important to take the practice FLs in one sitting to simulate actual conditions. The exam is as much a test of content knowledge and critical thinking as it is of endurance.

No company that I have experience with (Kaplan, TPR, NS) does a good job of making representative FLs. The Section Bank is actually your best resource for this test.

Ek was the most representative imo. Next step just had way too many typos but they seem to be next in line after aamc and ek. If you want ek full lengths I'm selling all four of them for a fraction of what I paid. (U save $150) pm me for more details.

When I was practicing I took the 3 Kaplan exams that came with the 7-section book, the free TPR one, and the AAMC scored. I took 3 full-length and broke up 2 and did fine on the real thing. Just make sure you've done a few in one sitting to ensure you're comfortable, but don't wear yourself out and do multiple tests per week, unless you break them up by section.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users