Full ride to Harvard or $30,000/yr to Crapola University Med? What would you choose?

elias514

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
(please stroke my ego) I need help choosing between these two schools. Which one would you choose and why? (BTW I didn't really get accepted to Harvard. This post is a joke. I did get into Crapola UMed, though. I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.)

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
If you're that smart, go do something other than medicine instead...at least you'll have a life :D

Heal&Teach

cogito ergo sum
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2003
adsum
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
it's like you've won a brand new Mercedes, but you're still thinking about buying the pinto :laugh:

Congrats on the acceptances!!!

*stroking the ego*

About the Ads

DrSal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Heal&Teach

Congrats on the acceptances!!!

*stroking the ego*

:laugh:

Why would anyone consider paying if they can go somewhere for free?

ice_23

Economics Monster
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
Crapola for sure. You can drop the legendary "crap-bomb" on everyone when you feel the need to relieve yourself in social situations, and everyone will both understand and be in awe....:)

-Ice

Harps

Jatt Denominator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2002
CA
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by ice_23
Crapola for sure. You can drop the legendary "crap-bomb" on everyone when you feel the need to relieve yourself in social situations, and everyone will both understand and be in awe....:)

-Ice

:laugh:
-Harps

elias514

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
Yeah, man, I can't wait to drop the legendary "crapola bomb" on people. CAn you imagine how freakin impressed they'll be?

Acquaintance: "So I hear that you got into med school. Where you headin next year?"

Me: "Well, it was a tough choice, but Crapola University Med School gave me a buttload of money--I think it's called the Brown Smears Academic Scholarship or something."

Acquaintance: "Holy s#*$!, you got accepted to Crapola Med with a BS scholarship!"

Me: "Yeah, man. Can you believe it?"

Acquaintance: "Wow! Incredible. Can I kiss your ass for good luck?"

Me: "Shoo, you peon."

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by elias514
Me: "Well, it was a tough choice, but Crapola University Med School gave me a buttload of money--I think it's called the Brown Smears Academic Scholarship or something."

But it's the prestigious Brown Smears Scholarship! I'll choose it in a heart beat over some frickin unknown scholarships like the Rhodes Scholarship

TheFlash

Playtime Is Over
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
The City of Blinding Lights
Status (Visible)

-Ice

Shock and awe, brother, shock and awe. :laugh:

skypilot

2K Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2002
Beantown
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician

-Ice

Plus I heard they matched more residents into Proctology than any other school. The students said they felt confident that they could run a code brown even as an intern.

;)

BerkeleyPremed

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
I'd attend Crapola U ANYDAY over Harvard. Harvard has nothing on Crapola Univ. Medical (CUM). The only downside is that the streets were built really poorly around the CUM campus...as a result, there are skidmarks everywhere. If you attend Crapola U...you also get to take classes in their prestigious Toilet School of Law and you can even sign up for classes in their highly-ranked Sewer Business School. Crapola U all the way.

LUX ET VERITAS

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.