Full TPR 2015 set sufficient?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altblue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Money is tight for me, and I am lucky (and thankful!) to be able to borrow a full set of TPR 2015 from a friend.

Would this be sufficient for studying, or should I scrounge together the cash to pick up any other materials? As of now I'm considering picking up EK for CARS because it's the most representative, and of course I'll buy as many AAMC practice questions as I can.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

Money is tight for me, and I am lucky (and thankful!) to be able to borrow a full set of TPR 2015 from a friend.

Would this be sufficient for studying, or should I scrounge together the cash to pick up any other materials? As of now I'm considering picking up EK for CARS because it's the most representative, and of course I'll buy as many AAMC practice questions as I can.

Thanks!

OP, EK is available via utorrent so search the internet before you buy the set. I don't have much experience with TPR but I find supplementing khan academy videos with TBR chapters very useful. Lately, I would read up the title of a section, let's say chapter 2: Stereochemistry, (subsection) SN1 reaction. Then, instead of reading the section first I would quickly look up KA for Sn1 related videos, and get a general idea, and then read the section in the book. I have found this method to be very efficient for me, and it helps me finish up a chapter faster and stick to memory.
Although some people might not agree, I am using KA entirely for psych and sociology ( someone actually typed up the entire transcript of KA videos in sdn).
Download the AMCAS topic list by Next Step and see if tpr is covering everything.
I am just trying to save you some money here but if you could spend some cash, I suggest getting TBR BIO part 1 and 2 since biochemistry is incorporated pretty well in those books.

"What comes easy, won't last,
what lasts, won't come easy."

Reactions: 1 user