Full-Tuition Scholarship vs. No Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Physician_one_day

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Just looking for you guys' opinion. Would It be ridiculous of me if I were to turn down a Full-Tuition Scholarship to an In-state School that I like to attend an Out of State School that I love in a city that I love?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I realize that is pretty vague. So it would be a full ride at Wayne State University vs. paying for SUNY Downstate Medical Center or potentially NYU (pending acceptance off of waitlist).

Lol I realize that is pretty vague. So it would be a full ride at Wayne State University vs. paying for SUNY Downstate Medical Center or potentially NYU (pending acceptance off of waitlist).
Wayne State FOR SURE (unless you get into NYU)

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed and was accepted at both as well. First off congrats on the acceptances and the scholarship! The facilities to me were comparable. I remember the students seeming really chill at Wayne whereas they were more stressed at Downstate. Detroit is definitely no Brooklyn but a great city in its own right (I think it gets way too much hate). Wayne is better ranked and I think more recognizable on a national scale. However, if you want to be in NYC for residency it will be more difficult from Wayne. I would say it's absolutely the right choice to go with Wayne. Brooklyn isn't worth $200,000 when you could go to an equally good school for free.

Reactions: 1 user