Fulltime Pharmacy Clerk position in Irvine, CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrxbobert

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I rarely post here, but I just thought that some of you could be interested in this job fulltime opening for a pharmacy clerk. Admins...please contact me if this isn't considered appropriate for the pre-pharmacy forum. Here’s a link to the craigslist posting in which you can find what my boss posted and the email address to contact them with http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/hea/695523828.html

The pharmacy is a compounding only pharmacy located in Irvine. I started working there about a month ago and every new day at work is a complete new experience. Before starting here, I had worked at a retail chain pharmacy as both a clerk and technician for about a year. Though I learned a lot and had a good experience at the retail chain, working at this independent pharmacy is a whole different game. I would say that it’s a much more education environment because there isn’t always a line out the door and the phone isn’t ringing off the hook. There is of course still a good amount of patient interaction in person and over the phone, but coming from someone who worked in a retail chain setting, the calls are much more eventful…as in you do more than pick up the phone every 2 minutes for a refill.

You definitely get more time to ask questions (whether it be about the physiology of drugs, or how insurances work). It’s a really good opportunity to learn general pharmacy skills (typing, generic/brand names) and how the business works in general. I would say the best thing about this pharmacy is the staff. All the pharmacists are very helpful and the technicians/clerks all work as a team. The manager’s main thing is for everyone to work together and feel as if they are part of a family.

Feel free to ask me any questions in this thread or contact the owner directly through the craigslist email.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello
First of all, thank you for sharing this job opportunity with the forum.
It sounds like a great opportunity for anyone looking for experience in the pharmacy industry.
I would've loved to apply for this job myself, as I'm looking for such experience in the pharmacy environment
but because I think I might be too unexperienced/young for this job
at the time, I had some questions for you...
I'm a student entering UC Irvine as a freshmen this fall, majoring biology.
I'm 18 years old, and I've had no experience in the pharmacy environment whatsoever, but I did volunteer at the local hospital for about 3 years, so I have some background in the patient interaction and healthcare occupations.
After my experience in high school years, I've decided that I would like to pursue a career in the healthcare industry, and pharmaceutical sciences involving new biochemistry technologies sounded like a very interesting subject to study.
As I will be attending classes, a full-time job would probably not be an option for me at this point, but as I'll be moving to Irvine for college, I'm currently looking for a job. Based on your experience, what would be your recommendation on the workplace that would provide me the most interesting and valuable experience? If you could give me any advice on how/where to find the best work experience, it would be most appreciated.

Thank you.