Fully funded to do research/volunteering in Africa/Cambodia/etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Where to go given that I will be doing similar volunteering/research?

• Cambodia

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Africa

• Ecuador

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Jerusalem

• India

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

yoyoyoyoyolee

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where would you go? I will be conducting very similar volunteering/research in those places. I did not expect to get accepted to all these places... I am fully funded

EDIT: Duration of my stay will be 3 months
Cambodia - research/volunteer
Africa - volunteer
Ecuador - research
Jerusalem - volunteer
India - volunteer

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wow tough choice. I'd pick Ecuador. I'm a big fan of South America. Friendly people, great food, beautiful scenery. And if you're in Ecuador you can go to the Galapagos Islands, the Amazon, Machu Picchu, etc. Plus, you might have the opportunity to learn Spanish (or improve your Spanish if you already speak it), which is a useful skill to have in medicine.

You gotta be a little bit more specific in your poll. Africa is the 2nd biggest continent in the world and has 54 countries comprising it. Which country and city/region in Africa will you be working?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You gotta be a little bit more specific in your poll. Africa is the 2nd biggest continent in the world and has 54 countries comprising it. Which country and city/region in Africa will you be working?
Uganda Gulu or Uganda Kyarusozi

I second Ecuador. I've always loved South America - beautiful swath of country. Close second is Cambodia.

what will you be doing while volunteering? would be legal to do that activity in the US with your current qualifications?

Why cambodia?

Also very beautiful country with a lot of natural beauty as well as rich history. It's just that that part of the world has been ignored or marginalized by most of the world for most of human history.

Just be sure not to do anything medical that you couldn't do in the US, and you should have a great experience. Appropriate volunteering abroad is a lot of fun.

Wow tough choice. I'd pick Ecuador. I'm a big fan of South America. Friendly people, great food, beautiful scenery. And if you're in Ecuador you can go to the Galapagos Islands, the Amazon, Machu Picchu, etc. Plus, you might have the opportunity to learn Spanish (or improve your Spanish if you already speak it), which is a useful skill to have in medicine.
I second Ecuador. I've always loved South America - beautiful swath of country. Close second is Cambodia.

Another vote for Ecuador. Awesome place for sure and great opportunity to appreciate South American culture and learn/improve/utilize Spanish.