-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MantisTobaggon

Insanity is just a state of mind
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
PCOM students get together after exams. Manayunk is close by and totally a great place to get together and center city is not that far with lots of great bars.

Reactions: 1 users
You will find partiers at every school. I mean most DO schools are now 150+. You will find your people. The bigger the city, the more activities there are to do while drinking, but even the most rural school will have drinking opportunities.

Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously this isn't the number one priority in choosing a school, but hey I'll be a 21 year old guy when I enter medical school (hopefully) and I want to be able to do some fun stuff after exams. I'm very much into the work hard (like grind nonstop for weeks at a time) and play hard (like have hella fun with my friends the weekend after mid-terms).

Anyone here know of DO schools where this kind of culture is encouraged? Obviously the work hard aspect is built in to all medical schools, but I'm concerned about the potential lack of playing hard, since I've heard that DO schools historically have had slightly more nontrad students with spouses and young children than MD schools do. Nothing but respect to them for having the brainpower to balance medical school with family life, but I would assume that they wouldn't have much time to hit the town with me or attend a small kickback if I threw one in my apartment.

Again, obviously this is unimportant in the grand scheme of things, but I'm still interested in what any of you might have to say.
LUCOM

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users
You will find partiers at every school. I mean most DO schools are now 150+. You will find your people. The bigger the city, the more activities there are to do while drinking, but even the most rural school will have drinking opportunities.

Yep. Party buses are a thing. And they will drive you an hour from rural nowheresville to the nearest chain of bars.

I would say that every medical school - MD or DO - is filled with people that enjoy getting lit after a rough week fam.

TUNCOM in Las Vegas. I live here ;)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Dude, it's med school not a college frat. The most you can expect out of your peers is social get-togethers.

That said, I fully intend to make friends outside of my class that work hard and play hard.

Reactions: 3 users
Dude, it's med school not a college frat. The most you can expect out of your peers is social get-togethers.

Hahahahaha, you’re partially right in that it’s more like high school 2.0

Reactions: 2 users
come to Kansas City...

I could smell the booze emanating from my classmates in the lecture hall the day after the Chiefs won.

Reactions: 2 users
I guess Pomona Western U would be quite fun consider how close it is to LA.

Wait Touro-NV is in Las Vegas? For whatever reason I thought it was in Reno. That's awesome

It's in Henderson, which is basically Las Vegas. I have lots of friends and family who live in the area. Vegas is a geometrical square with well-planned freeways, so (even in Henderson) you're never really more than 20 minutes away from the Strip or downtown.

come to Kansas City...

I could smell the booze emanating from my classmates in the lecture hall the day after the Chiefs won.
Thats what the school gets for having a mandatory lecture the day after the Super Bowl

• Haha
come to Kansas City...

Oops Sorry sir that must came from me

NOVA has to be pretty fun being in downtown Fort Lauderdale. I went there for spring break junior year, and I think I am still recovering three years later.

Clearly it does no favors for their board pass rates @Goro

• Haha
I mean it can't get better than PCOM-PA, CCOM, or the NYC schools.

Proper cities.