Funding Opportunities for Ophtho MD/PhD Candidates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kvm90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm an MD/PhD looking to head into Ophtho currently in my 2nd year of my PhD and looking for any and all grant writing + funding opportunities to support my research costs. Other than an F30 or F31, many of the funding opportunities I've come across are not available for MD/PhD candidates. Has anyone come across funding lines available to MD/PhD students?

Perhaps I'll have better luck finding funding opportunities geared towards specific projects/fields/diseases (i.e. sources that fund regenerative medicine, or childhood diseases, or orphan diseases, etc.)? My thesis focuses on the use of stem cell derived extracellular vesicles as potential therapeutic agents for mouse models of angiogenic (ischemic retinopathies like diabetic retinopathy or retinitis pigmentosa) and neurodegenerative disease.

Thanks for any tips!

Best,
Kyle

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I'm an MD/PhD looking to head into Ophtho currently in my 2nd year of my PhD and looking for any and all grant writing + funding opportunities to support my research costs. Other than an F30 or F31, many of the funding opportunities I've come across are not available for MD/PhD candidates. Has anyone come across funding lines available to MD/PhD students?

Perhaps I'll have better luck finding funding opportunities geared towards specific projects/fields/diseases (i.e. sources that fund regenerative medicine, or childhood diseases, or orphan diseases, etc.)? My thesis focuses on the use of stem cell derived extracellular vesicles as potential therapeutic agents for mouse models of angiogenic (ischemic retinopathies like diabetic retinopathy or retinitis pigmentosa) and neurodegenerative disease.

Thanks for any tips!

Best,
Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Check out the ARVO funding guide. Click on 'Graduate Student' on the left. Lots of society and industry funding opportunities. Best of luck mate.

http://prod.arvo.org:8080/Clients/FundingGuide/Lookup/

Reactions: 1 user