Funding or scholarships for intl students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ramzi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if there are any chances for scholarships or funding for graduate studies in USA for foreign students... I have been always distressed by the fact that all scholarship programs like Fulbright exclude dental students... any thoughts of alternatives on how to cover the expenses of studies in USA?

cheers

Members don't see this ad.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Ramzi said:
Hi all,

I was wondering if there are any chances for scholarships or funding for graduate studies in USA for foreign students... I have been always distressed by the fact that all scholarship programs like Fulbright exclude dental students... any thoughts of alternatives on how to cover the expenses of studies in USA?

cheers

take those huge huge loans and then pay for 20 years like everyone is going to do..thats how easy it is. :idea: :smuggrin: :laugh: :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
are the international students eligible for loans?!?!

Yes, for some private loans, with certain restrictions.

Ramzi said:
are the international students eligible for loans?!?!

kilani said:
Yes, for some private loans, with certain restrictions.

Would you please provide more information or tell me where to find more about this?

thank you

Well, some private lenders (banks) may offer such loans to international students, but most if not all require a US co-signer. This link might be helpful:
Loans for International Students

Ramzi said:
Would you please provide more information or tell me where to find more about this?

thank you

To any international student accepted to nyu- are you applying for a loan from sallie mae or citibank? I had called nyu financial aid but the representative was on leave. Does anybody know the process of applying for a loan.

rubberdam said:
To any international student accepted to nyu- are you applying for a loan from sallie mae or citibank? I had called nyu financial aid but the representative was on leave. Does anybody know the process of applying for a loan.

Did you check

www.nyu.edu/financial.aid

Thanks Rahmed
I did check that web site and downloaded the application forms "citiassist Health professions loans" and "signature select loan for international students at NYU". I'm not sure if these are the right forms. If they are the correct ones which loan do you think is easier get that covers the complete cost of education. :confused:

rubberdam said:
Thanks Rahmed
I did check that web site and downloaded the application forms "citiassist Health professions loans" and "signature select loan for international students at NYU". I'm not sure if these are the right forms. If they are the correct ones which loan do you think is easier get that covers the complete cost of education. :confused:

I thought signature select with a cosigner allows you to borrow entire cost of attendance + if you want more.