1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Funding your medical education - Underserved Scholarships

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tipukhan, Mar 14, 2004.

1. tipukhan

tipukhan Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Ok, so I've heard there are some scholarships where you dedicate 3 years or so after residency to an underserved community and the government or organization sponsoring the event will reimburse/pay off your loans for med school. Any info on what this program is called or of other programs similar to this and/or contact info? Thanks for lookin out yall. good luck.
    peace.:clap:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. drlexygoat

drlexygoat Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    National Health Service Corps has that program. I'll search for a link for you. The deadline is coming up in the next week or two, hough. You'll have to wait till next year to apply unless you're speedy gonzales.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    tipukhan

tipukhan Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey thanks drlexygoat, i really appreciate it. and it doesn't really matter when I apply does it - that is, is it a retroactive scholarship in that it will pay me after residency for my past tuition or does it pay it every year? If the latter, then I'd better hop on it and apply right now. thanks! :)

4. Heal&Teach

Heal&Teach cogito ergo sum
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]