Funding your medical education - Underserved Scholarships

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

tipukhan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2004
Davis and Colton
Visit site
Status
Ok, so I've heard there are some scholarships where you dedicate 3 years or so after residency to an underserved community and the government or organization sponsoring the event will reimburse/pay off your loans for med school. Any info on what this program is called or of other programs similar to this and/or contact info? Thanks for lookin out yall. good luck.
peace.:clap:

drlexygoat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2003
under the boardwalk, down by the sea
Status
Resident [Any Field]
National Health Service Corps has that program. I'll search for a link for you. The deadline is coming up in the next week or two, hough. You'll have to wait till next year to apply unless you're speedy gonzales.

tipukhan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2004
Davis and Colton
Visit site
Status
hey thanks drlexygoat, i really appreciate it. and it doesn't really matter when I apply does it - that is, is it a retroactive scholarship in that it will pay me after residency for my past tuition or does it pay it every year? If the latter, then I'd better hop on it and apply right now. thanks! :)

Heal&Teach

cogito ergo sum
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2003
adsum
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
About the Ads