Funny clinical story

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lloydchristmas

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I'm an ER RN at a rural hospital, and I work 7p to 7a (when I say rural, I mean REAL small.... just one doc and me, that's it in the ER for the night shift).

I had something happen to me that was hilarious, and thought everyone could use a smile or laugh at this point.

I answered the phone last night as usual... when the voice of a woman spoke up on the other end.

She said, "I have a question for you. Where does the air come from when you quefe?"

Here's some more interesting information.... I'm a MALE nurse.

That's not even the funny part.... I thought she said "where does the air come from when you WHEEZE".

So, I professionally answered, "Your lungs." Then, I asked if she had an inhalor such as albuterol!!!

Then, she said, "No, when you QUEFE!" My jaw hit the floor, my blood pressure fell into a distributive shock range, and I didn't know whether to laugh, cuss, spit, sneeze, or faint.

I finally regained my composure and explained the anatomy of the female reproductive system and the ability of air to enter an "opening" in the body.

Wow, what a night!!! Hope I elicited a smile. Have a great day!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by lloydchristmas
Hi everyone!! I'm an ER RN at a rural hospital, and I work 7p to 7a (when I say rural, I mean REAL small.... just one doc and me, that's it in the ER for the night shift).

do you work in missouri? that sounds like one of the ER's i work at, except it's the doc, rn, and tech. pretty small, and if you get more than 3 patients at 1 time, you're swamped.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by lytesnsyrens
do you work in missouri? that sounds like one of the ER's i work at, except it's the doc, rn, and tech. pretty small, and if you get more than 3 patients at 1 time, you're swamped.

Yes, actually, I do work in missouri. I'm about 2 hours south of you if you're in KC. How did you know?

ussdfiant,
a quefe is a vagina fart

I thought this story was funny too...

A girl in her twenties came into the local ER...not as small as lloydchristmas', but still fairly small. She's as pale as a ghost and wearing some tight black jeans. When the triage nurse asks her what's wrong, she said that today her legs started turning purple...they don't hurt, but they're all purple and she doesn't know what's wrong, and she wants to know if she's gonna die.

The nurse and the EMT student looked at her, and looked at her legs. The nurse asked her if the jeans were new and if she'd washed them before she wore them.. The girl said nooo... :) ...

Wow, I'm also from missouri and also work in a fairly small ER as a tech (3-11 & 7-3) and am about 2 and a half hours south of KC (Carthage). Where are you at lloyd?

Paul

Midwestern University - CCOM
Class of 2007

Originally posted by Rev. Horace
Wow, I'm also from missouri and also work in a fairly small ER as a tech (3-11 & 7-3) and am about 2 and a half hours south of KC (Carthage). Where are you at lloyd?

Paul

Class of 2007

Hey Paul... I was the one who emailed you recently about your decision between UHS and Chicago.

I thought so lloyd, but I wasn't sure. This is pretty funny, didn't realize there were this many people form the SWMO area that use this. Anyways, here's my funny story.

Last weekend while working we get a psych patient in from the drake (place for mentally impaired people to live under supervision). Apparently this guy had just got out of the local psych unit and he wasn't anybetter so the drake heath care (kind of a joke) workers brought him to us.

When we got him he was combative and we had to restrain him (arms only) to the bed and give him 10 of atavan to calm him down. Then we wait for the ambulance to come and tranport him back to the psych faciltiy, all the while I think that the drake "health care" workers are watching him since they were told NUMEROUS times that under no circumstances where they to leave him alone (busy in the ER and none of our staff could baby sit him). Well, he starts yelling and screaming in his room so I go back to check on him and lo and behold no one is with him :mad: and he has to pee. I run to get someone to help me and by the time I get back he's already pissing in the floor.

So the ambulance finally comes and loads him up, after he gets 5 more of atavan, and take him away. Problem solved.... not so fast. 15 minutes later, the phone rings. It's the medics on the transport, apparently psych man has manged too, while having arms restrained, kick a one of the medics in the chest and put her in a head lock with his legs. Our only other ambulance had to go and help along with a sherriff to get him under control again. That day never got any better.

+pissed+

Paul

Class of 2007