Furman Atlas - Second Edition Coming

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NJPAIN

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
51Np0B4Tj4L._SX397_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

:)Looks like this is coming Dec 2017

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Went to fellowship there, looking forward to the Atlas 2.0

Just received my copy of 2nd Ed. Looks good. Lots of new US images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth getting if you already have the first ed?

Worth getting if you already have the first ed?

I think so. There are some additions and clarifications. Ultrasound has been added.
Some things completely unchanged like SIJ - I was hoping for a miraculous fool-proof technique or more than one technique but no luck

Reactions: 1 user
too bad I didn't see this until today - cant deduct it off of taxes for 2017 (and not at all for 2018)... thanks tho. definitely cheaper than off amazon!

Thoughts on this book vs. 2nd Edition Practice Guidelines for Spinal Diagnostic and Treatment Procedures by SIS?

Thoughts on this book vs. 2nd Edition Practice Guidelines for Spinal Diagnostic and Treatment Procedures by SIS?

Complimentary

Reactions: 1 user
Remember, the SIS title "Practice Guidelines" is not used in the traditional sense of guideline development that includes an exhaustive review of the literature, grading of the papers, and defining conclusions based on the degree of evidence. Instead this is a consensus statement on "best practices" of how to perform procedures, i.e. a cookbook of how SIS instructors and board members do these procedures in their practice. They effectively represent the "standard of care" view of the leaders of the SIS that may not translate to an identical standard of care by any other organization.
Furman's book, represents a sequential approach to procedure performance that places patient safety at a level of paramount importance. It has superb images, artwork, and conceptual realization.

Reactions: 2 users