Future applicant needs help!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by EyeCandy, Jan 21, 2002.

1. EyeCandy

EyeCandy Senior Member

Hi everyone!!
    I am going to be a 1st time applicant this upcoming summer and would like to know when is the best time to apply. Most likely, I will take my DAT in the spring but maybe later depending on how my DAT studying goes. What I am a little confused about is what I have been reading on some of the posts in SDN when people talk about rolling admissions, what are they? Will they harm me if I apply without first taking the DAT? :confused: Any feedback from you guys is welcomed.

~~~EC

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. EyeCandy

EyeCandy Senior Member

4. Big_Poppa DDS

Big_Poppa DDS Senior Member

Rolling admissions means first come first serve. An applicant is considered for admission at the time there file is complete DAT included. Honestly, I didn't even study for the dat except for the PAT. If you have recently taken all the classes you should be fine.

Apply as early as possible - I waited until Sept. and was admitted in the second round and my interviews at other schools were for wait lists because the class was already full.

Its also a good idea to get the rec letters early and get to know your profs. This is what held up my application because my classes were so large I didn't know the profs and my school didn't have a pre-dental advisor.

5. StarGirl

StarGirl .....

i took my DAT at the end of Nov. and i already got into two schools and have 4 other interviews and one pending (had an interview already)...so yeah take the dat when you are ready...just get a lot of practice!!!