1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Future applicant needs help!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by EyeCandy, Jan 21, 2002.

1. EyeCandy

EyeCandy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everyone!!
    I am going to be a 1st time applicant this upcoming summer and would like to know when is the best time to apply. Most likely, I will take my DAT in the spring but maybe later depending on how my DAT studying goes. What I am a little confused about is what I have been reading on some of the posts in SDN when people talk about rolling admissions, what are they? Will they harm me if I apply without first taking the DAT? :confused: Any feedback from you guys is welcomed.

~~~EC

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. EyeCandy

EyeCandy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

4. Big_Poppa DDS

Big_Poppa DDS Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Rolling admissions means first come first serve. An applicant is considered for admission at the time there file is complete DAT included. Honestly, I didn't even study for the dat except for the PAT. If you have recently taken all the classes you should be fine.

Apply as early as possible - I waited until Sept. and was admitted in the second round and my interviews at other schools were for wait lists because the class was already full.

Its also a good idea to get the rec letters early and get to know your profs. This is what held up my application because my classes were so large I didn't know the profs and my school didn't have a pre-dental advisor.

5. StarGirl

StarGirl .....
    10+ Year Member

i took my DAT at the end of Nov. and i already got into two schools and have 4 other interviews and one pending (had an interview already)...so yeah take the dat when you are ready...just get a lot of practice!!!