Future of medicine cover story; The New Physician magazine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pete T

Associate
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For our September cover story, The New Physician magazine is putting together the perspectives of physicians-in-training to get a glimpse of the health-care environment you'll be working in 10 to 15 years down the road.

If you'd like to help and perhaps have your name show up next to several health-care leaders and experts, e-mail me a one to two-sentence prediction: the biggest difference or most significant change in health care or medicine you foresee in the next decade and half. We're open to any perspective.

If you'd like, your response can be restricted to a particular field of medicine, a particular technology or an overall change in the way health care is delivered. Or maybe it's about medical education. Whatever you think could be around the corner. The change need not necessarily be positive or negative.

E-mail me with your name, school (if applicable) and what year you'll be in September. If you include a photo of yourself in your reply, we might print that too. Unless otherwise specified, responses will be considered quotable and on the record. We hope to include several responses in our September cover story, but we expect more than we'll be able to fit in. And our apologies in advance if we can't respond to your predictions in a timely fashion.

If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, send them my way.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got this on my AMSA listserve:
We're wrapping up our future of medicine cover story for TNP's September issue, so if you'd like to make a prediction, now's the time!

By 5 p.m. Sunday (July 15), e-mail us a one to two-sentence prediction: the biggest difference or most significant change in health care or medicine you foresee in the next decade and a half. Please include your full name, school (if applicable) and what year you'll be in September. And, if you can, include a photo of yourself. It might end up on the cover!

Unless otherwise specified, responses will be considered quotable and on the record. We hope to include several responses in our September cover story, but we expect more than we'll be able to fit in. And our apologies in advance if we can't respond to your predictions in a timely fashion.

Thanks!

Pete Thomson
associate editor, The New Physician magazine