Future of Pharmacists' Careers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrRx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions about the future of pharmacists' careers. Answer any you wish! :thumbup:

> Do you think the current "shortage" of pharmacists will be met in the near future (3-5 yrs)?

> With the current surge of appllicants to pharmacy schools, do you think there will be TOO many pharmacists looking for jobs?

> With the current surge of appllicants to pharmacy schools, do you think pharmacists' salaries might drop to say ~$30 an hour since so many people will be available for the job?

> Do you think that drug companies will shift their pharmacists into a more "self-employed" position ie. Pharmacists will offer their services and drug companies will not provide health and retirement benefits? (no W2)

> With the explosive growth of online prescription services, will there be LESS need for Pharmacists at retail pharmacies? (How does online prescription services affect pharmacy careers?)

Well, I hope you find something interesting that you could add to this thread! :)

Members don't see this ad.

MrRx said:
I have a few questions about the future of pharmacists' careers. Answer any you wish! :thumbup:

> Do you think the current "shortage" of pharmacists will be met in the near future (3-5 yrs)?

> With the current surge of appllicants to pharmacy schools, do you think there will be TOO many pharmacists looking for jobs?

> With the current surge of appllicants to pharmacy schools, do you think pharmacists' salaries might drop to say ~$30 an hour since so many people will be available for the job?

> Do you think that drug companies will shift their pharmacists into a more "self-employed" position ie. Pharmacists will offer their services and drug companies will not provide health and retirement benefits? (no W2)

> With the explosive growth of online prescription services, will there be LESS need for Pharmacists at retail pharmacies? (How does online prescription services affect pharmacy careers?)

Well, I hope you find something interesting that you could add to this thread! :)

Dude, there are many threads on this issue.