Future of Physical Therapy Field

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ncdpt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im new to these forums and I tried to search this topic but there isn't much compiled in one area that really answers all my questions' so I hope this is the right are for these questions?

I'm just wondering what current Dpt's think the future of the practice is?

Will the salary ever match the Dpt title and all the money time and training it takes to become a licensed Dpt?

If direct access becomes nation wide do you think the salary increase will be drastic if at all?

Where do you see the practice in 20 years since it is a profession on the rise each year there are more and more applicants so there are becoming more and more Dpt's?

Do you ever see it being where there are too many Dpt's and not enough jobs?

And anything else I missed I just want people's overall opinions on where they see pt in 5, 10, and 20 years I know no one has a crystal ball but I'm just wondering what the consensus is on where most people see our profession being in the near future?

Sorry if all these questions have been posted already

Members don't see this ad.

I have no concrete info on the future of the DPT but I haven't seen anyone state that there will be a noticeable increase in salary in the near future. If anything I heard it may go down due to reimbursement cuts. It doesn't make sense to me that a doctorate degree in PT can pay so little compared to other health services. I think it should be on par with PA's and NP's. Maybe someone else on these boards has more info so I will keep an eye on this thread.